Lake Erie Thunder Camp #2

I..............Nick........won't snap on DCP anymore about vibrato. See D.A., I listen to you.

...................................................HOWEVER......................

If I get that solo that I was playing last rehearsal...............Folks, you WILL hear VIBRATO come from my horn. There is a 3-count Donut in which a little VIBRATO would be appropriate. Again, I only use VIBRATO during solo's.

I'm just Nick

Now you're using MY HOWEVER's?! :tongue:

...you're not gonna snap?.........really?

that sounds like a challenge! :tongue:

But I am not going to do that. To stay on topic,.......

Come be a part of a Corps that will Surely Turn Heads in DCA this year!! :tongue:

You just might have a BLAST doing it!!!! :tongue::tongue:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're using MY HOWEVER's?! :tongue:

...you're not gonna snap?.........really?

that sounds like a challenge! :tongue:

But I am not going to do that. To stay on topic,.......

Come be a part of a Corps that will Surely Turn Heads in DCA this year!! :tongue:

You just might have a BLAST doing it!!!! :tongue::tongue:

I'm just sittin' here, practicing measures 58-72 again (especially 71......kinda tricky), Mindin' my own 'bidness' - I said to myself: "Self, let's go on DCP and see what's happenin'." So I did.......and here I am. I finished reading the above post, and I said to myself: "Self....WTF did I just read?" Seein' how I talk to myself alot (another reason why I am strange) I, for some reason am not gettin' it. I'm a little confused. Can anyone interpret this for me? No hablos. I hate not understanding things.

that's all...........................I'm just Nick

Edited by SoloSop420

Sounds like a challenge to me Nick... not exactly sure how?!? Challenge him to a(n) **insert something** duel/match.

Don't snap, he's just jealous you play Lead Sop and the chick's dig ya.

(Did I just stand up for Nick?) :tongue::tongue:

Of course I did, us Lead Sop's need to stick together... so Nick, thats my best interpretation for you.

Sounds like a challenge to me Nick... not exactly sure how?!? Challenge him to a(n) **insert something** duel/match.

Don't snap, he's just jealous you play Lead Sop and the chick's dig ya.

(Did I just stand up for Nick?) :tongue::tongue:

Of course I did, us Lead Sop's need to stick together... so Nick, thats my best interpretation for you.

Thanks Spam. (sorry 'bout that spammy-poo thing)

I'll have to call him today and confirm. Didn't have time last night 'cause I was runnin' through our Closer. (w/o music)

I FINALLY have measure 71 down. For some reason, measure 71 was giving me a hard time. Now I'm focusing on measures 88-the End. Playing with dynamics as well. I like the fff and the rfl dynamic. I am also paying attention to the fp's and mf's. It's all part of it. How 'bout measure 33? ("With Intensity!") Key change too. It is about 8:30 AM (0830 for those who were in the military) I'm practicing as we speak.

See? I'm calm. This is alot better than snappin' out. Thanks D.A.

I'm just Nick................that's all

Cheez is jealous because he cannot play with VIBRATO on triple stacked basses....and Nick, if you let Spam beat you out on ANY solo. you and I will have a problem.

I am Donny, I am proud of my vibrato.

DA

....and Nick, if you let Spam beat you out on ANY solo. you and I will have a problem.

Wow..... thanks Donny...

Sorry Spam, but Nick is my boy!!! Nothing personal.

DA

Sorry Spam, but Nick is my boy!!! Nothing personal.

DA

Thanks DA.

We'll have to see what solo's will be out there. We are getting new music this Sunday. Don't know if there will be a Sop Solo or not. All I care about is that, whoever plays it the best, should have the solo. I'm sure that the Staff will make the right decision. I'm not afraid to challenge though. I have a few recordings of me soloin' in which I did pretty good. There are also a few that I didn't do so well on. You'll have that. Can't be perfect all of the time. I'm no Ponzo, Donny Allen, Gibbens, or Pero............................I'm just Nick (SoloSop420).......

2 + months that I have not smoked. (my wife quit too) Imagine how "things" are around here.

Edited by SoloSop420

Cheez is jealous because he cannot play with VIBRATO on triple stacked basses....and Nick, if you let Spam beat you out on ANY solo. you and I will have a problem.

DA

Well then Donny, since you're proud of your Vibrato and I apparently have Vibrato Envy,...I say this,...

Teach me how to get some Vibrato on my Tri-Bass,....cuz that would be COOL!!!!! :tongue:

Camp #2 this Sunday....East High School,....check it out.

Any Questions? http://lakeeriethunder.org/

I am Cheez,....I play a Tri-Bass,....I know Nick and Donny,....and I approve this message.

DA

I am proud of my VIBRATO as well. No VIBRATO while standing next to SCHUBE though. People can't hear it 'cause SCHUBE is screamin.! So I have to go out in front of the hornline and use VIBRATO. SCHUBE Screams!!! Chicks dig SCHUBE too.

I am Nick, I don't "snap" anymore!

I've been reinstated to Lead Sop. (thanks to SCHUBE)