JSU show moving?

Just got this email from DCI promoting the Hattiesburg event, but also mentioning this:

The brand new Drum Corps International Southern Series will kick off on July 22, as 11 corps head to M.M. Roberts Stadium at the University of Southern Mississippi. Continuing the next two days into Murfreesboro, Tenn., and Gadsden, Ala., the five-event Series will culminate at the Atlanta Georgia Dome on July 25.

Anybody have any idea if there's a venue change afoot?

DCI.org still shows it as being at JSU. It is on Friday the 24th at Paul Snow Stadium. Jacksonville is often considered part of the Gadsden metro area now for some reason instead of Anniston. Not sure why the change or when it occured.

The show is being moved because of construction of the stadium on the JSU campus which will continue into the summer. At least that is what I have been told.

Man that's a bummer! Paul Snow Stadium is such a fun show! Especially now that I'm a student at the university, it would have been a lot of fun to perform in my home stadium in the summer for all my friends in the band. Also, that stadium is a REALLY good place to perform since the stands are so close.

-Weedy

The show is being moved because of construction of the stadium on the JSU campus which will continue into the summer. At least that is what I have been told.

That is correct. The back stands of Paul Snow Stadium are being enlarged, and they've removed the lights from that side of the field. In addition to the stadium being unavailable for the drum corps show, all of JSU's home games this fall will be day games because of the lack of lights.

The JSU show is being moved about 25 miles up the road to Gadsden City High School's stadium. It's an almost new (about 3 years old) stadium, seats 5,500, with a sport turf field. And it's very convenient, just off I-759 and I-59.

Hm. Hope they announce the change on the DCI event list soon. People might get upset thinking they're buying tickets for Paul Snow and don't get it!

Here are some pics of the expansion project.

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/photo_gal....aspx?gallery=6

Too bad about the show not being there, but wow, stadium looks like it'll be nice. It'll be a fun show to attend in 2010 if they decide to do it. I've never been to Gadsden's field... but I'm sure it's a lot better than some of the fields I've seen. :thumbup:

Edited by MelloFanatic09