your all time favorite guard performances

1983 Cavaliers James Bond show. I saw a video of their show and couldn't speak when it was over. I had never seen such a show in my life. Tossing rifles over a human pyramid and catching (note: SOLID catches!!!!) on the other side. I'm getting chills as I write this :) :)

If you ever come across this show, let me know, I would love to see it again!!!

(I don't know if my old heart could handle it though!! :P )

1983 Cavaliers James Bond show. I saw a video of their show and couldn't speak when it was over. I had never seen such a show in my life. Tossing rifles over a human pyramid and catching (note: SOLID catches!!!!) on the other side. I'm getting chills as I write this :) :)

If you ever come across this show, let me know, I would love to see it again!!!

(I don't know if my old heart could handle it though!! :P )

go to wgi.org its on sale for $19.99 I think ???

~G~

Blue Devils 2001 is one of my all time faves...as is 2-7 1980. Also like Crown 2001 (the tires).

I have a video of DCI 1990, and I love Phantom's guard, esp during the Saint Saens Organ Symphony. Just so elegant.

Mike

I think my favorite guard performance of ALL TIME has to be Blue Devils 1999. Sheer perfection and the best intergration of both dance and equipment work I have ever seen.

I agree with you totally. The degree of dificulty, the performance level...wow !

The ensemble dancing was done so well and fit the music so well, I consider that one of my two best "dance" performance shows ever....the final ensemble guard is thrilling and just fun to watch over and over.

~G~

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this in another topic, but I shall elaborate here...

Cavaliers 1992 - never before had I seen such fast paced work so clean!! WOW and those huge flags at the end were in perfect unison! too awesome!

Cadets 1995 - began my love for spinning 6.5 ft. poles... I am only 5'6" but I can work it on 6.5ft. flag with the best of them! The ending rifle feature was absolutely spectacular!!

Cadets 1997 - BEAUTIFUL silks! perfect color selection for that music!! and once again, spinning 6.5ft poles in incredible precision!

Cavaliers 1997 - WOW totally underrated show... that guard kicked a*^ - especially that weapon line! WOW WOW WOW !!!

Carolina Crown 1998 - once again, showed impressive skill at spinning 6.5 ft. poles... and such impressive spinning for them as opposed to their past years... this is the year when they really started to make a name for themselves in the guard department IMPO

Carolina Crown 1999 - AWESOME, FLAWLESS, GORGEOUS!!

Carolina Crown 2000- see above!

Carolina Crown 2001 - LOVE the wood and the tires! might have taken the winter guard outside idea too far but it worked and really got through ... beautiful silks once again!

Phantom Regiment 1994- should have won best guard that year IMO... I love that they used black and white so well... and in so many different ways! awesome!

Phantom Regiment 2002 - their comeback year! I was SO happy to see this show... it make me just get chills all over!! perfect color schemes, uniforms, it was all just perfect!

Cavaliers 1999 - just plain fantastic! gives me chills to watch that show...

Colts 1995 - wow!

Colts 2002 - the best use of all rifle work i think i've ever seen... and those uniforms are to die for! I designed my guard uniforms for my girls to match !!

1980 - 27th Lancers rifle line. :huh: Sheer perfection. I can't comment on the flag line because I could NOT take my eyes off the rifles.

1982 - Blue Devils. Gorgeous uniforms, gorgeous flag and rifle work to gorgeous music.

1984 - Garfield. THE most perfect flag toss in history.

1989 - Santa Clara Vanguard. An inspired finals performance.