Join the Park City Pride's Tribute to the CT Hurricanes!

So can someone post a PCP (little nervous about the acronym, remembering what I do about Bridgeport) schedule, including rehearsals and performances.

Might like to stop by and show the boys how a baritone should be played.... (you think that was hard to read - I tried to type it with a straight face)

Park City rehearses every Thursday from 7:00 to 9:30 and holds periodic camps. The next camp will be Sunday, February 22, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.

All guests are welcome. We would love to have you, Ray.

Location for weekly rehearsals and camp:

Bridgeport City Hall Annex

999 Broad St.

Bridgeport, CT.

Following is Park City's 2009 schedule to date. But watch the Events page of our website, www.theparkcitypride.org, for additions.

• Saturday, March 14th - Milford, CT - St. Patrick's Day Parade
  • Sunday, May 24th - Orange ,CT - Memorial Day Parade
  • Monday, May 25th - Fairfield, CT - Memorial Day Parade
  • Saturday, June 13th - Bayonne, NJ - Bridgemen Tournament of Stars
  • Saturday, June 27th - Bridgeport ,CT - Barnum Festival Champions on Parade
  • Sunday, June 28th - Bridgeport ,CT - Barnum Festival Street Parade
  • Saturday, July 11th - Wayne, NJ - Hawthorne Caballeros Grand Prix
  • Saturday, July 18th - Lowell, MA - Mission Drums
  • Sunday, September 6th - Rochester, NY 32nd DCA Alumni Spectacular
  • Sunday, September 27th - Springfield, MA - Big E parade
  • Sunday, October 11th - Bridgeport ,CT - Columbus Day Parade
  • Saturday, November 21st - Plymouth ,MA - USA Thanksgiving Celebration

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can someone post a PCP (little nervous about the acronym, remembering what I do about Bridgeport) schedule, including rehearsals and performances.

Might like to stop by and show the boys how a baritone should be played.... (you think that was hard to read - I tried to type it with a straight face)

Rehearsal Location:

Bridgeport City Hall Annex

Chase Manhattan Bank

999 Broad Street

Bridgeport, CT

Thursdays: - 6:30 PM- 9:30 PM

2/19/09 - City Hall Annex - Horns and Drums

2/26/09 - PAL Christmas Village - Horns and Drums

3/5, 12, 19, 26 - City Hall Annex - Horns and Drums

Fridays: - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM

3/6, 13, 20, 27 - City Hall Annex - Color Guard

Sunday CAMP: City Hall Annex

2/22 - 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Full Corps (Horns, Drums, Guard)

Hey Ray

You palyed a baritone? was that a single valve, I was wondering if you remembered the closed notes and don't forget FFF (Genaro 101) The Park City Pride is a great caring organization.

Dude, I was born playing a baritone, which didn't make my mom happy at all (especially as I was 10 lbs. 13 oz. without the horn and she was this tny little Irish chick.)

Yes I did play a one valve G-D, slip slide Getzen for a couple years - then a G-D with F rotor bass-baritone as it was known, then the teenie-weenie Getzen contra bass. I only started playing a trombone my junior year of High School (which was in the year 324 BC - the BC part was weird as I went to Catholic School - still makes m head hurt trying to figure it out.) After the military Sun gave me a Smith bari - I think whoever made it was embarrassed to put their real names on it - like checking into a motel in NJ for a few hours - that sort of Smith - then just baris. Open notes, valve notes - they're all notes.

As to Genero 101 - I used to teach that course, remember?

Edited by rayfallon

I know the feeling, when I started I had to practice at home in my closet or go up into the woods, between the animals howling and the parents hollering it was a little difficult getting started but drum corps got me out of the projects and taught me discipline and respect. The friendships that have been developed over the years is priceless.

I hope to see you at one of the Pride Camps this spring; just ask for Bill (Third Bari) a part of the PCP Florida crew

SOMF

I know the feeling, when I started I had to practice at home in my closet or go up into the woods, between the animals howling and the parents hollering it was a little difficult getting started but drum corps got me out of the projects and taught me discipline and respect.

SOMF

Hey, it's just good to hear that you're out of the closet... (barum chi) (did I say that?)

I was thinking about some of the stuff I read online about the corps today - for instance, the Palumbo Brothers, 3 of the best guys you'll ever meet in drum corps - and Tony one of the best percussion teachers I've ever come in contact with. And if that were not enough, you've got Bob Wilcox, who is just one of the smartest guys I've ever met on the subject of drum corps. He just seriously gets it. I can't tell you how many times I would come in with an idea or an approach or a suggestion and Bob would just look at me with that "I'm gonna show you this ONE MORE TIME" look and explain why it wouldn't work, or at least what I had to do to make it work, and he was virtually always right. (Couldn't roll worth a poop, but... that's not true folks, it's a private joke)

You have an embarrassment of riches just in the percussion staff!!! I'd love to stop down, and hope I get the chance (although it's hard enough to get my wife's permission just to go to my own rehearsals! Did I say that?)

Some PCP Percussion News:

Director, Bob Glovna has announced the 2009 Percussion Staff for the Corps.

Since the last season, the Percussion Section has Grown both Physically and Musically while setting "New Standards" in the Alumni Drum Corps arena. At this stage of the Percussion Program it has been decided to assign additional Staff, who are current members, that contribute a great deal to our Drum Program. I would like to welcome Gus Briere and Bill Palumbo to our instructional team.

Percussion Staff Includes:

Percussion Director /Arranger: Johnny Oddo

Percussion Caption Head: Tony Palumbo

Percussion Instructor: Bob Wilcox

Assistant Instructors: Pete Palumbo, Gus Briere and Bill Palumbo

The Additions to the Percussion Staff will be an Asset to the Drum Corps.

In addition, the Percussion Section has completed a new Drum Solo entitled, " Incident at Neshabur ", based on the Santana song. This production is complete with involvement of the Brass and Rifle Sections to enhance the Musical Score written by Frank Dorritie, Johnny Oddo, and Bob Wilcox.

At the January Camp, the entire Drum Corps was electric. The Brass refined the new tune, "Ragtime Medley" while the Percussion Section complete the new Solo.

All Visitors are welcome to attend our Camp Rehearsals. Please come to hear and see what the "Buzz" is all about.

Edited by eploskunyak

Some PCP Percussion News:

Director, Bob Glovna has announced the 2009 Percussion Staff for the Corps.

Since the last season, the Percussion Section has Grown both Physically and Musically while setting "New Standards" in the Alumni Drum Corps arena. At this stage of the Percussion Program it has been decided to assign additional Staff, who are current members, that contribute a great deal to our Drum Program. I would like to welcome Gus Briere and Bill Palumbo to our instructional team.

Percussion Staff Includes:

Percussion Director /Arranger: Johnny Oddo

Percussion Caption Head: Tony Palumbo

Percussion Instructor: Bob Wilcox

Assistant Instructors: Pete Palumbo, Gus Briere and Bill Palumbo

The Additions to the Percussion Staff will be an Asset to the Drum Corps.

In addition, the Percussion Section has completed a new Drum Solo entitled, " Incident at Neshabur ", based on the Santana song. This production is complete with involvement of the Brass and Rifle Sections to enhance the Musical Score written by Frank Dorritie, Johnny Oddo, and Bob Wilcox.

At the January Camp, the entire Drum Corps was electric. The Brass refined the new tune, "Ragtime Medley" while the Percussion Section complete the new Solo.

All Visitors are welcome to attend our Camp Rehearsals. Please come to hear and see what the "Buzz" is all about.

PCP Rehearsal tonight, 2/19- Camp on Sunday, 2/22. Everyone welcome to come down and see what we are doing for the 2009 show season.

Stop by - Sit In - Join us for a cup of Joe and freindly conversation.