Troopers Poster

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who has recently started collecting posters this is one I'd buy. I collect Shep Fairey (the guy who did the famous Obama Hope poster), Tyler Stout, Dave Kinsey, Joshua Budich, etc to name a few and many of these are in the 18 X 24 format. I use a portfolio case for these but the 18 X 24 format allows you to buy an inexpensive frame without getting a custom frame. As someone who has most of the Obama campaign prints I can tell you oddball sizes make it very expensive to hang these up on the wall.

In any case, you'll want to make limited editions of several sizes and make sure they are signed and numbered. These you can obviously charge more for than standard unsigned and un-numbered prints. Quality offset or digital printing can make a difference too.

My 02 cents.

:rolleyes:

As someone who has recently started collecting posters this is one I'd buy. I collect Shep Fairey (the guy who did the famous Obama Hope poster), Tyler Stout, Dave Kinsey, Joshua Budich, etc to name a few and many of these are in the 18 X 24 format. I use a portfolio case for these but the 18 X 24 format allows you to buy an inexpensive frame without getting a custom frame. As someone who has most of the Obama campaign prints I can tell you oddball sizes make it very expensive to hang these up on the wall.

In any case, you'll want to make limited editions of several sizes and make sure they are signed and numbered. These you can obviously charge more for than standard unsigned and un-numbered prints. Quality offset or digital printing can make a difference too.

My 02 cents.

:rolleyes:

Now...that is useful information. THANKS!

As someone who collects posters, how much would you pay for this if it was printed on an offset printer on a heavier weight paper (probably a 10pt. C1S) at the 18x24. Also, would you recommend selling just the poster or the option to have it custom framed?

We're simply trying to get some feedback from DCP fans on what they would pay for something like this and what format works best for them.

P.S. It was extremely helpful to have Dean Westman collaborate with me on this. He gave me an inside look to the 2009 show and the poster just naturally came out of our discussions. He was a tremendous help, and one can't help but be excited by his enthusiasm.

The Troopers are blessed to have Dean on the team!

Now...that is useful information. THANKS!

As someone who collects posters, how much would you pay for this if it was printed on an offset printer on a heavier weight paper (probably a 10pt. C1S) at the 18x24. Also, would you recommend selling just the poster or the option to have it custom framed?

We're simply trying to get some feedback from DCP fans on what they would pay for something like this and what format works best for them.

If it were a quality print of say under 100 total I'd probably do $30 to $50 for just the print. Most people I think would prefer to frame their own since they will figure they can get one cheaper (you also have shipping to worry about--a tube is cheaper).

Some of the Justin Santoras I collect are smaller, hand done, 5 color prints in a series and he charges only $20 for them-delivered. The secondary market for those is twice the price. A Shep Fairey is normally 18 X 24 and go for $50-$60 off the OBEY website (and sell out in minutes). It's secondary market (EBAY) is twice to 4 times the money depending on the subject--with around 300-450 an edition. Keeping in mind they are posters, the value is amazing. I have been amazed drum corps in general has not gone after this market, especially if they are good ones like this one.

If it were a quality print of say under 100 total I'd probably do $30 to $50 for just the print. Most people I think would prefer to frame their own since they will figure they can get one cheaper (you also have shipping to worry about--a tube is cheaper).

Some of the Justin Santoras I collect are smaller, hand done, 5 color prints in a series and he charges only $20 for them-delivered. The secondary market for those is twice the price. A Shep Fairey is normally 18 X 24 and go for $50-$60 off the OBEY website (and sell out in minutes). It's secondary market (EBAY) is twice to 4 times the money depending on the subject--with around 300-450 an edition. Keeping in mind they are posters, the value is amazing. I have been amazed drum corps in general has not gone after this market, especially if they are good ones like this one.

Check out this Shepard Fairey:

http://thegiant.org/wiki/index.php/Swindle_4

DRUM CORPS!