What bugs you...

Just a side: I wish the title of this thread had been "You know what really grinds my gears?"

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a side: I wish the title of this thread had been "You know what really grinds my gears?"

:thumbdown:

brilliant.

picture3.jpg

The Blue Devils overwhelming trumpet and lack of low brass sound

wait... you're a cadets hopeful? As in a Gino Cipriani run hornline?

And you're worried about blue devil's overwhelming trumpets?

Not that I don't love the way the Cadets play. But I'd say they are often way less balanced than BD is.

Overly-zealous young (usually but not always) drum corps fans whose only experience with drum corps comes through the internet or a tv screen, but nevertheless have incredibly strong opinions on virtually everything.

Also, people who feel the need to prove their bona fides by being resoundingly negative about corps' performances and point out every flaw they see...or think they see.

I probably find them most annoying because it was only a few years ago that I was "that guy" and I now realize how I must have come off to some people I have a great deal of respect for in this activity.

Forgot one other thing that bugs me: people who know they have unpopular opinions in a forum, and then feel free to stir the pot with their opinions. I'm all for debates in the right place, but it bugs the hell out of me when people take any ol' opportunity to stir the pot with the 'locals.'
Yeah...posting one's opinions (especially unpopular opinions)...doesn't that just kill 'ya? It's almost as annoying as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc. People posting opinions in a public forum....HOW DARE THEY!! Edited by VOReason