What bugs you...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who use the term "marching arts".

Sort of tangent.

It bugs me that WGI calls itself the "Sport of the Arts"

Not anti-WGI. It would bug me if DCI called itself the same thing.

Tangent over.

The term "Summer Music Games" has always kinda ground my gears.

Brass staffs that insist on a 1 1/2 hour warm-up before a show after rehearsing 8 hours that day.

Brass staffs that insist on a 1 1/2 hour warm-up before a show after rehearsing 8 hours that day.

OH God this. Unless it starts with the crazy embouche guy doing things to get blood back INTO the lips. Then it's excellent.

Forgot one other thing that bugs me: people who know they have unpopular opinions in a forum, and then feel free to stir the pot with their opinions. I'm all for debates in the right place, but it bugs the hell out of me when people take any ol' opportunity to stir the pot with the 'locals.'

whew...it took 3 pages of posts...but I have been identified!

Thank you for the continued opportunity to bug you. It has been my pleasure...no. My duty!

People who, having heard the announcement between every show, think its ok to traverse the bleechers/stands during a show.

Homer crowds that utter little more than a clap for anyone but the host corps (I'm talkin to YOU Naperville...).

Impatient audience members/parade goers that break ranks.

When your busmates CLEARLY take more than their space in the overheads/under seat.

Rookies that punk out on rookie talent night/do something totally lame

Not having cell phone reception on bus rides

Abnormally long walks from the lot to the stadium

..and my #1.. - When we pull into the housing site at 4am and people take there sweet ### F'ing time in the aisle, instead of GETTING OFF THE #### BUS!!!!!!!! AHHH it makes me want to RIP HEADS off.

When fellow spectators, are unfriendly just because they are or they are fans of a rival corps

ie. NightBeat last year I (being a Cavaliers fan) sat next to a BD fan and his son, they were pretty rude and frankly mean..

But there was a great Crossmen alumni and his wife who were absolutly great, we had a good time debating what we thought the scores were gonna be after all the corps performed.

Why can't people get over it, most everyone at a DCI/DCA event is there because they wanna see good ole drum corps, so why can't we all just...get along?