What bugs you...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bugs you?

let's not beat the dead mic'd horse again...

but what are some things in shows that just bug you?

Personally, I'm watching one of my favorite shows... 1998 Glassmen and at the 4:57 mark there's a very very audible "SPLOOIE!"

bad bad bad. makes me cringe. I wish corps would wait until other corps are done performing before they bring attention to themselves. Very disrespectful imho.

What about you?

Thank you! I was not happy I heard it in middle of marching the show. While I don't think it was intentionally done, the fact remains that will always be there a s constant reminder of a somebody was clearly not paying attention as to what was taking place on the field.

AGREED...do you march drum corps at all!!!? its very much a sport.

I've been involved as a performer, instructor, and fan for over 20 years. And no I don't consider it a sport. The live musical performance aspect is what makes me say that, as I can't think of any other sport that requires its participants (most of them, anyway) to perform live music. That sends the meter far more to the art side in my book. Or at least a musical performance genre of some sort. Athletic? Yeah, sometimes. Physically demanding? Sure. Sport? Nope. It's BETTER.

People who, having heard the announcement between every show, think its ok to traverse the bleechers/stands during a show.

Homer crowds that utter little more than a clap for anyone but the host corps (I'm talkin to YOU Naperville...).

Impatient audience members/parade goers that break ranks.

When your busmates CLEARLY take more than their space in the overheads/under seat.

Rookies that punk out on rookie talent night/do something totally lame

Not having cell phone reception on bus rides

Abnormally long walks from the lot to the stadium

..and my #1.. - When we pull into the housing site at 4am and people take there sweet ### F'ing time in the aisle, instead of GETTING OFF THE #### BUS!!!!!!!! AHHH it makes me want to RIP HEADS off.

Oh my god, ur last one i completely agree with!! Esp when you have to wake up in 2 hours!! :angry:

Oh my god, ur last one i completely agree with!! Esp when you have to wake up in 2 hours!! :angry:

Aisle queens....

And YOU Allentown.

I've almost never been to a more sit-on-their-hands show that Allentown,.

The place pretty much exploded last year for Regiment and Bridgemen. In fact, every time I marched there with a junior or senior corps, the place exploded for us. No, I did not ever march Garfield. :angry:

And YOU Allentown.

I've almost never been to a more sit-on-their-hands show that Allentown,.

They are a crowd that just knows what they want. If thats not delivered, why applaud?

Hmm, what are some things that bug me..... Since we're on a message board, here are some things that bug me about my fellow fans:

People who don't understand that supporting one corps does not require tearing another down, and don't realize that you can accomplish the former without resorting to the latter.

People who find any particular corps' style boring, which is okay, but insist that that corps should change their style just to entertain them, which is not okay. Remember, someone else might be thinking the very same thought about your favorite corps; you wouldn't you favorite corps to change just to suit them, would you?

People who think - even though popular culture, fashion, technology, popular music, style, and community interaction have changed significantly in the past several decades - that drum corps should remain exactly at the time that they were marching.

People who insist that a drum corps show can be evaluated for its entertainment value solely from the CD and don't understand that every drum corps show is designed to be viewed live, and as a complete musical and visual package.

People who think that "loud, louder, loudest" is always the same as "good, good, goodest"

good post. I agree on all points. :angry: