What bugs you...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Biggest thing that bugs me when I see it: when pit performer over-emote. I'm all for sucking the audiences into a performance, or drawing us into the show. But when it looks like an obviously staged, poorly-acted high school drama production it's embarrassing.

A very close second are die-hard fans who HAVE to argue every minutia of detail about "their" corps' perfections being overlooked. When it's an alumni, I can understand to an extent, but when some fans argue that their favorite corps should've won DCI when they instead finished 6th, it gets old. Or when people take ANY comment that isn't completely loving about their corps out of context and feel the need to defend their corps about anything, it bugs me.

Cell phones active in the crowd during a performance.

Whiny, out of tune trumpets. We get it, you can play high. But we would all appreciate it if you would support too.

When the majority of the show is in the pit. Why bother having a hornline at all?

People who constantly bash other corps when they really don't know that much about the corps they're supporting. You don't have to hate a corps because you don't support them. Be a fan, not a hater!

:thumbdown:

People who whine and complain about the various changes in the rules since they marched...who lived through all sorts of changes when they themselves were marching.

Heh! Guilty!

You have to admit, Mike, that I choose my battles. I think the biggest change during my marching days was the addition of the keyboards, but at least they were acoustic. Adding valves, improving the quality of the instruments, body movement are all OK because they really didn't change the overall sound of drum corps.

What bugs me (besides the horse-beating stuff)?

Along with the pit emoting are guard moves and emoting that can barely be seen from the front row and are completely lost from the top of the stadium. I guess it's all for the cameras.

Yelling in soft passages.

Oh, and anything plugged in. :thumbdown:

Garry in Vegas

Guest xsabers
People who whine and complain about the various changes in the rules since they marched...who lived through all sorts of changes when they themselves were marching.

People who are anxious for drum corps to become an anything goes, America's Got Talent, montage of any and every performance genre that can fit on a football field, placing no value on any definitive aspects of drum corps and the things that make it unique and wonderful.

Yep, that really bugs me...

people who do this

:thumbdown::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

People who are anxious for drum corps to become an anything goes, America's Got Talent, montage of any and every performance genre that can fit on a football field, placing no value on any definitive aspects of drum corps and the things that make it unique and wonderful.

Yep, that really bugs me...

:thumbdown::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Okay... The hotness of the BD drumline dudes would seem to be a matter of taste. How do you know the people in the Cavies drum line shirts don't know who's hot and who's not?

HH

Im not trying to diss the looks of any Drumline haha, this girl was a part of a high school group that would not shut up yelling various irrelavent and childish comments.

I have the upmost respect for the Blue Devils and i was in no way attempting to call them ugly etc.

No offense fellas lol