What bugs you...

Posts like THIS as someones first post on DCP. lol

The only thing that really bothers me about the activity is when the amps are too loud and the pit overpowers the corps. That is sort of an oxymoron..."pit overpowers corps".

I am not against amps, just against using them badly. I am not attempting to beat that horse.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to diss the looks of any Drumline haha, this girl was a part of a high school group that would not shut up yelling various irrelavent and childish comments.

I have the upmost respect for the Blue Devils and i was in no way attempting to call them ugly etc.

No offense fellas lol

And I was just having fun.

HH

No biggie fry lol, but I will say that Blue Knights had the prettiest female guard members out of all the corps I saw last year :thumbdown:

Edited by Aussiehatswithfeathers

people who do this

:thumbdown::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I lol'd

Drill moves conceived without regard to the fact that the audience is far away. It has to be big to be seen.

Faked spontaneity when the hornline hits the jazz section. Don’t start bopping out of the blue when a second before you were rigid as a post.

Guard uniforms designed by clowns for clowns. Bright colors are a device, not a justification.

HH

I've always thought hornline "mojo" in the jazz section looks forced and lame. Some corps do it better than others, but for the most part, it's dumb. I esp. love the one really overzealous guy who takes it to the extreme. "Today we salute you, Mr. Way-To-Enthusiastic-About-Mojo-Guy."

Props, costume changes, the use of the brass section as just a back up for the pit, and the over use of dancing.

Bill

Choreography in the hornline. Can't they just stand still. I thought choreography was what the color guard was for.

Loud people in the stands. The sterility of most shows with "original" music. Brass lines that are loud, but sound like garbage cans banging together. Those sorts of things.

Any show that contains original music is an automatic turn-off for me lately. Attention drum corps arrangers: Your original music sucks. Thats why you're an arranger. Scott Boerma is the exception to this.

* Biggest thing that bugs me when I see it: when pit performer over-emote. I'm all for sucking the audiences into a performance, or drawing us into the show. But when it looks like an obviously staged, poorly-acted high school drama production it's embarrassing.

1996 Phantom is full of this. Check out the blond chick on the vibes. Holy ####! Settle down, girl!

Cell phones active in the crowd during a performance.

Heh. 2003 Phantom.

People who whine and complain about the various changes in the rules since they marched...who lived through all sorts of changes when they themselves were marching.

Forgot one other thing that bugs me: people who know they have unpopular opinions in a forum, and then feel free to stir the pot with their opinions. I'm all for debates in the right place, but it bugs the hell out of me when people take any ol' opportunity to stir the pot with the 'locals.'

Posts like THIS as someones first post on DCP.

obvious troll is obvious

Missed releases. It's like peeing on the Mona Lisa.

Well, unless I do it. Then, it's artistic. :thumbdown:

Effete snobs who complain about the lack of "concert tone." They're on a football field....

Way over-exaggeration from the guard. Ex: 2008 Glassmen. The feigned "surprise" look, the "wow" look, the smile-so-huge you think they'll get a muscle cramp.

People who flame away and then hide behind "it's about the kids"

Old people like me and MikeD who probably should just go drift away on an iceberg somewhere and leave the rest of you alone.

Corps directors who seem to have a need to draw attention upon themselves.

Not having a regional show in Whitewater.

Too many indoor shows.

CDs that are done wrong, e.g. 1995 (were the mics INSIDE the drums?); 2006 disc one.