What bugs you...

Homer crowds that utter little more than a clap for anyone but the host corps (I'm talkin to YOU Naperville...).

And YOU Allentown.

I've almost never been to a more sit-on-their-hands show that Allentown,.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the exact opposite. Wouldn't you want your judges well-versed?

Sure but there are plently of other band associations and off season clinics out there too. Same goes with BOA. All three (DCI , USSBA, BOA and for that matter maybe even WGI ) have some financial affiliations with one or the other. I just think DCI judges should not be judging USSBA or BOA shows.

Edited by CT-Horn

Sure but there are plently of other band associations and off season clinics out there too. Same goes with BOA. All three (DCI , USSBA, BOA and for that matter maybe even WGI ) have some financial affiliations with one or the other. I just think DCI judges should not be judging USSBA or BOA shows.

I agree somewhat, i feel especially for smaller bands that USSBA or BOA judges right out of the DCI circuit where they are used to close to perfection, come to high school bands and tear them up.

My band went to a sort of first of the season show and got ripped, for things that are extremely specific.

However on the other hand, I think that having high caliber judges pushes us high schoolers, i just think in the early shows they could take into consideration how long we had been rehearsing.

This is my opinion from one student, i'm not trying to bash the whole thing all together

People who, having heard the announcement between every show, think its ok to traverse the bleechers/stands during a show.

Homer crowds that utter little more than a clap for anyone but the host corps (I'm talkin to YOU Naperville...).

Impatient audience members/parade goers that break ranks.

When your busmates CLEARLY take more than their space in the overheads/under seat.

Rookies that punk out on rookie talent night/do something totally lame

Not having cell phone reception on bus rides

Abnormally long walks from the lot to the stadium

..and my #1.. - When we pull into the housing site at 4am and people take there sweet ### F'ing time in the aisle, instead of GETTING OFF THE #### BUS!!!!!!!! AHHH it makes me want to RIP HEADS off.

I'm almost in total agreement with your list...I HATED those insane walks to the stadium....especially at larger venues.

And yeah...even though its hazing....I think its fun to play along with rookie talent night...as long as it is nothing too absurd...I think it can be one of your most memorable nights.

Wisconsin Mosquitos/Ohio June Bugs/Louisiana any-sort-of-insanely-oversized-insect bothering me while I'm at attention.

The cadets using dialog in their show. Come on now people its drum corps!! :thumbdown:

i was going to say that!!! seriously its annoying beyond anything i've ever seen in any show... im sorry it just doesn't work for me...

well, since I"m not supposed to talk about mic's or narration...

Cavaliers...those things are called horns...feel free to blow them harder...and stop doing the the peanut roll on the field...it's just wrong.

Blue Knights..Don't dress your guard in white spandex, at least early in the season. They looked a lot better in August then they did in June.

10,000 notes followed by a chord stinger is NOT music....quit it.

Corps that cater to the judges and not the fans, which is pretty much all of them.

Original music, for the most part, has pretty much sucked lately.

drum corps is not marching band...let's keep it that way.

Guards doing nothing but dancing...would just a little symmetrical weapon or flag work kill ya?