Most obscure corps you ever saw/competed against

Crimson Cadets, Norfolk (I think?), Nebraska. Big sound in, what, '82, with an all Jethro Tull show. Beat my corps of that era by probably 30-something points in the Key to the Sea/US Open/American International swing!

Oh, and Memorial Lancers, from St. Louis. Pretty large corps, hideous all-brown uniforms :thumbdown:

Brantree Braves from MA - Class C in E-Mass Circuit

1 horn, 1 drum, 1 flag - no kidding, I felt bad for the judges.

*Braintree, MA

local article, halfway down

This was an incredible experience for me, still new to New England, my first year with the Muchachos, '99 or '00.

We were going to a show to do an exhibition, that's all I knew.

We showed up, dressed, went off to warm up, came back, entered the field and there was 1 judge and a hot dog vendor.

We did our show, maybe a couple more folks filtered in.

When we were changing I see this group, a snare, a sop and a cymbal. I ask, who/what is that?

I was told that's the Braintree Braves.

I hurried up and ran into the stadium, got in front and went nuts for them!

They were actually my inspiration for the legend that was the '00 QCR.

There is a parade corps from Ontario,, can't remember where or even the name,, but it's a corps sponsored and manned by a Community Living group,,, all members are developmentally delayed kids,,. We've marched in a couple local parades with them,, they have a blast, and they're pretty good too..

[Old Skool mode on]that's what drum corps can and should be,, local kids in a local corps learning and growing[Old Skool mode off]

These are some of the more obscure junior corps that have existed at some point during the DCI era, of which I've personally seen eight:

Avengers-- Chittanango, NY

Blue Mists-- Manhattan Beach, CA

Brigadiers-- Au Sable Forks, NY

Buccaneers-- Tuckerton, NJ

Cannoneers-- Gettysburg, PA

Captivators-- Paradise Valley, AZ

Centurions-- Edmonton, ALB

Chevaliers-- Loveland, OH

Counsellors-- Brooklyn, NY

El Capitans-- Carson, CA

Footmen-- Grand Rapids, MI

Gladiators-- Kingston, NH

Indian Raiders-- Baldwin, FL

Keystone Guard-- Pittsburgh, PA

Knight Riders-- Boston, MA

Le Sabres-- Fort Lauderdale, FL

Nemesis-- Brown Deer, WI

Northern Lights-- Stillwater, MN

Puget Sound Pirates-- Seattle, WA

Red Knights-- San Leandro, CA

Scorpions-- San Diego, CA

Shawnee Indians-- Lockport, NY

Sound Storm-- Hartford, WI

Sounds of Indy-- Indianapolis, IN

Sterling Regiment-- Tulsa, OK

Thunderherd-- Sahara, PA

Warriors-- Scottsdale, AZ

Zenith-- Trenton, MI

1st Illinois Volunteers-- Wheeling, IL

Brian:

A good friend of mine,James Lopez, marched in Mn D&B for eons. We were talking last month about this same subject and he mentioned two from Minnesota. The Cotton corps from Cotton MN,and the Hibbing Rangers from Hibbing,MN.

:thumbdown::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kate

I marched in a small Canadian corps when I first joined the activity in the mid 70's and our drumline would score a zero every night because the judges found more ticks than points allotted. We would typically score a 14-20 for the first several weeks of the season. Good times! Oh, by the way I was in the hornline.

Oh, by the way I was in the hornline.
hornsquad?

I marched in a small Canadian corps when I first joined the activity in the mid 70's and our drumline would score a zero every night because the judges found more ticks than points allotted. We would typically score a 14-20 for the first several weeks of the season. Good times! Oh, by the way I was in the hornline.

what small corps?

Brian:

A good friend of mine,James Lopez, marched in Mn D&B for eons. We were talking last month about this same subject and he mentioned two from Minnesota. The Cotton corps from Cotton MN,and the Hibbing Rangers from Hibbing,MN.

:thumbdown::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kate

Hi Kate! Jim Lopez and I were good friends way back in the early 70s, when we both played in the same college band, under the famed John Zdechlik. We even roomed together on band tour one year.

The Cotton corps was at one time the youngest corps in the country, and I saw them one time at the Minnesota state contest.

I also saw the Hibbing Rangers several times at state in the early 70s.