Nashville

SimplyLoveIt

Hello All,

So I am new to this forum but figured I would give writing a review a try since there hasn't been much chatter about Nashville. I really do love this sport and all of the performers and designers should be commended. That being said, I only wish to keep my commentary positive. These are some of my favorite moments. I hope you enjoy my humble attempt...

Collins Hill: YEA for fun winter guard. This show is extremely creative and the performers have been well trained. Movement is definitely a strong point for this group. I have to say...even if the performers didn't handle the show well (WHICH THEY DO), I would still love it. I definitely think they should have been top three.

Marian Catholic WOW. These performers truly know how to carry themselves. The flag design for this group was breath taking. This group is always a favorite of mine and I would love to see them fly to the top. Major kudos to the whomever did the staging.

South Shore Drill Team ALWAYS a crowd favorite. These guys have NO FEAR. I am afraid if that had been me on the floor, I would have left behind one or two untimely brown stains on the floor. The wonderful thing about WGI is that it welcomes all styles and all interpretations of art. Great job guys!

Northgate Independent By far, my favorite costumes of the day! HOT HOT HOT! I was thrilled to see two top 5 IA finalists from last year (Northgate and Capella) come out claim IO in Nashvhille. Northgate really beefed up their equipment and movement books this year to add to an always fabu design. I can't wait to see this show squeaky clean in April...will definitely do well at WORLDS!!

Flanagan Not much to say here. This group is simply amazing. You can tell they are a younger group this year, but the design is done so well to cover up their weak spots. They definitely have a strong formula for premium shows and I see them in top three again this year. Gold medal? I don't know...we will have to wait and see.

Warren Central Most stunning floor of the day! I have to say that I love shows that make you think a bit and this one definitely does. Performers really communicate the theme well to the audience...all while executing their equipment work effortlessly.

CROWN YEA for the return of CrownGuard. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this, but I knew if the show reflected the all-star staff they had, it would be out of this world. They did not dissapoint! A highlight for me for this group would be the fabu trademark Adam Sage writing. This man totally gets how to create drama in a show! Costuming was also a nice touch. Eager to see if Adam goes all out with the theme come WORLDS.

Edited by SimplyLoveIt

i LOVED marian catholic's white flags. :thumbdown:

and they went well with the show- they were like angel wings.

on another note,

i quite enjoyed the regional.

it was interesting to see how the GE judges differed in their preferences.

for example, one preferred shows with tricks, such as south shore and eklipse [who missed finals by .2],

and the other preferred the slow, pretty shows, such as capella and many others this year.

[edit for spelling.]

Edited by whiteroses

I also attended the Nashville Regional, just for fun & to see some of the guards and I agree with most of your review, though i have some disagreements.

Collins Hill: I think they have very well body movement, and their show caught my eye. They made me want to keep watching to see what would happen next.

Marian Catholic: I absolutley loved this show. I loved the concept and i completley understood the message they tried to give the viewer. I loved the show flags! It was very light and very origional.

South Shore Drill Team : Ofcourse I was just amazed as i always am with their show. The rifles are breathtaking. The flags weren't so great, I wish they had some more creativity! But still amazing.

Flanagan: They definatley gave the crowd an awakening. I love the excitement in their that not much other guards seem to have. A little young, but definatley seem like they will be making a fight this year.

Warren Central :I have to agree, their floor was out of control!, (in a good way) When they pulled the floor out I was in stunned. And the good performance skills, by the way.

Crown Guard: Good comeback. I loved the costumes, it was overall a very well-done show.

:tongue::smile::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::shutup:

I attended the nashville regional and found it to be such an entertaining weekend!

with southshore's stunning and DEATH :cool: DEFYING stunts, I couldn't help but jump out of my seat for them

crown was amazing and I can't wait to see how their future in the season will be.

warren central: this show is well designed and had to agree with the floor, really cool.

centerville this show is so chilling! this guard defnitley performed very well, and I really like the design,they definitley

do a well job on bringing this poem to life, i guess you can say.

flanagan wow, i didn't expect that from them :cool: after seeing the way those kids performed I can't wait to see

how they do in dayton. It's definitley going to be a fight this year. And if this is how they are when they are young, just imagine

how they will be in the next one to two years

:smile:

i adore mt. juliet! :cool:

from their ethereal contemporary soundtrack to the smart design qualities this is a very enjoyable & refreshingly entertaining program.a complete package from start to finish.i especially enjoyed the attention to intelligent staging and overall show construction including pacing & flow.duly noted are the superb production values on every level[costumes,floor design and flags].

the performers do a very nice job fullfilling the vocabulary and show good training on equipment as well as movement.i look forward to seeing heightened performance qualites from them by season's end.

this is definately a guard to watch.......i wonder who's responsible for this delightful show?

Edited by dugg

i adore mt. juliet! :cool:

from their ethereal contemporary soundtrack to the smart design qualities this is a very enjoyable & refreshingly entertaining program.a complete package from start to finish.i especially enjoyed the attention to intelligent staging and overall show construction including pacing & flow.duly noted are the superb production values on every level[costumes,floor design and flags].

the performers do a very nice job fullfilling the vocabulary and show good training on equipment as well as movement.i look forward to seeing heightened performance qualites from them by season's end.

this is definately a guard to watch.......i wonder who's responsible for this delightful show?

I believe Tim Vaughn (founder and director of the much-missed Chimeras) is the director at Mt. Juliet.

Dugg- Tim Vaughn is the director at Mt. Juliet. He's been there since 1994 I think... always a class act - gorgeous ladies, well thought out programs... just wonderful! Think of it as the Scholastic A version of Chimeras. : )