Post-Audition Openings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to www.seattlecascades.org, check out information>staff

Send and email to Chris Grant and let him know you're interested

Do you know if this is still the case? If so, who would I contact?
Edited by kaplac

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is something seriously amiss with our activity when a young man with an impressive drumming resume and a strong desire to participate may be denied the opportunity?

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is something seriously amiss with our activity when a young man with an impressive drumming resume and a strong desire to participate may be denied the opportunity?

Are you smoking crack? Multiple opportunities to march have been discussed in this thread. I guarantee if someone wants to march and doesn't end up doing so it isn't the fault of the activitiy. Lets not forget that open class corps absorb members all summer as well.

Are you smoking crack? Multiple opportunities to march have been discussed in this thread. I guarantee if someone wants to march and doesn't end up doing so it isn't the fault of the activitiy. Lets not forget that open class corps absorb members all summer as well.
I believe the young man in question was looking specifically at World Class corps. I do agree with you however that opportunities do exist for him to march in Open Class or perhaps even DCA if he is so inclined. But I see you have been around the block for a number of years (much like myself), and if you do not see the activity becoming more and more exlusionary then it is YOU my friend who must be hittin' the pipe...

I believe the young man in question was looking specifically at World Class corps. Snip

There could be several reasons he is unable/not willing to find another spot.

1) Aren't most (if not all) World class snare lines full right now? Would it be right for him to take the spot of someone who had already signed a contract?

2) If he was cut from Cadets, then one could ASSUME he would not have what it takes for maybe 4 or 5 other top lines.

3) That narrows it down to some of the lower placing World Class corps. Maybe he doesn't want to march in one of those.

I think this is one of the problems with trying to go to a corps that is "better" than the one you were with the year before. You're almost good enough to march there so you hang on for several camps, then you get cut and the rest of the lines are already full. Then you're kinda screwed.

I had sense enough when I marched that I wasn't going to make a line that was better/higher placing than the one I was in, so I stayed put and was happy with it. I would have loved to have marched SCV, but I knew I didn't have a chance.

If you go to www.seattlecascades.org, check out information>staff

Send and email to Chris Grant and let him know you're interested

I ended up figuring that out two days ago, but I sent him an email.

Also, this:

I think this is one of the problems with trying to go to a corps that is "better" than the one you were with the year before. You're almost good enough to march there so you hang on for several camps, then you get cut and the rest of the lines are already full. Then you're kinda screwed.

Sucks.

I know from personal experience.

Academy has spots open on snare and tenor i have been told.

Dont know if it is true. You could email them as well.

The Holy Name Cadets are looking for a few good people.

Specifically, the corps is seeking musicians to fill these slots:

* 1 new baritone

* 2 new mellos

* 1 new tuba

* 3 new trumpets