Bushwackers Winter Report

DMCK

The Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps held two camps over two consecutive weekends in February. We've seen a lot of new faces and we've learned a lot of music. The brass is through about 3/4ths of the show, while the percussion has been hard at work on the technique program and the first half of this year's production, "Scenes from a Psychotic Circus."

The color guard welcomed a lot of new faces last weekend at their first rehearsal of 2009. The guard looks great, as usual, and is ready to get out there and compete. We all can't wait for May!!! Join their facebook group! Heck, join the corps' facebook group too while you're at it.

The corps is still looking for folks to fill out the brass section. We still have some scattered openings in the percussion section (namely the pit, but other sections as well) and in the color guard...but brass is our most pressing need at this point in time. We're looking to expand this section from what we had in 2008, and welcome all with the desire to learn, work, and achieve to come out and give it a try. Our capable staff doesn't care if you've been playing for years, months, or are even a woodwind player. We'll work with anyone who wants to be a Bushwacker (and always have).

The Bushwackers have a great track record with converting woodwind players into excellent brass players. In fact, two of our current staff members and several past drum majors and brass captains have been converted woodwind players.

Desire, drive, and a good work ethic are what's needed. If you have that, and you like to have fun...come on down.

The Bushwackers will meet again on March 21st at the Garfield VFW Post from 10am-5pm. Come. Check it out. You'll dig it.

Following our rehearsal, we'll be having a St. Patrick's Day/karaoke jam celebration at the VFW. Again, come. Meet the members and staff. Enjoy drum corps and the friendships and bonds it fosters.

On Sunday the 22nd the corps will be traveling to Holyoke, MA to participate in the country's oldest St. Patrick's Day parade. Members are required to go, but if you're interested in spending the weekend with the corps and really want a sense for what it's like to be a Bushwackers...this is a good way to find out. Contact us and we'll make sure you have all of the information you need.

Can't make it that weekend? Well...we have another camp weekend with a parade on Sunday the very next weekend (3/28-3/29). You can't lose.

Haven't marched in years? Never marched? Just aged out and have the bug but think "senior corps" is lame? Got a million reasons why you can't march this summer?

You CAN do this. Let us help you make it happen.

Edited by DMCK

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Martin Luther King, Jr.

I HAVE A DREAM

I have a dream that someday I will log onto drum corps planet and open threads such as:

Bushwackers had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Frontier had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Fusion Core had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Grenadiers had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Crusaders had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

You get the idea. we need every corps in DCA to have 60 horns, 30 drums and 30 color guard and we need that to happen in February, not in July!

For the sake of the activity .... PLEASE join a drum corps and do it now!

Edited by surfbest

I HAVE A DREAM

I have a dream that someday I will log onto drum corps planet and open threads such as:

Bushwackers had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Frontier had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Fusion Core had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Grenadiers had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

Crusaders had a great camp and we are full. Please don't come out to rehearsal. WE ARE FULL

You get the idea. we need every corps in DCA to have 60 horns, 30 drums and 30 color guard and we need that to happen in February, not in July!

:worthy::angry::tongue:

Chris,

Will you be leading the Irish sing-a-long at the VFW? Could you do a special rendition of Danny Boy? I'm sure you remember. :smile:

Best of luck with the corps this year. Your show, as always, dares to be different. I'm sure it will be great.

...Following our rehearsal, we'll be having a St. Patrick's Day/karaoke jam celebration at the VFW. Again, come. Meet the members and staff. Enjoy drum corps and the friendships and bonds it fosters.

I HAVE A DREAM

While we are at it, do we have to share stories about Meatloaf and Chicken nuggets too??????

Join ANY drum corps DCI or DCA, Just do it!

Chris,

Will you be leading the Irish sing-a-long at the VFW? Could you do a special rendition of Danny Boy? I'm sure you remember. :smile:

Best of luck with the corps this year. Your show, as always, dares to be different. I'm sure it will be great.

I will most certainly sing that version for you, Dan. :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, folks...I'm not begging for members. We're just looking to expand and share this awesome show and experience with as many folks as possible.

In a perfect world, we'd all have too many members. In the meantime...back to the the purpose of the thread here...JOIN BUSH! :)!!!!!!

I will most certainly sing that version for you, Dan. :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, folks...I'm not begging for members. We're just looking to expand and share this awesome show and experience with as many folks as possible.

In a perfect world, we'd all have too many members. In the meantime...back to the the purpose of the thread here...JOIN BUSH! :)!!!!!!

What he said.

Dan,you still have that recap? :smile:

The Bushwackers will meet again on March 21st at the Garfield VFW Post from 10am-5pm. Come. Check it out. You'll dig it.

Following our rehearsal, we'll be having a St. Patrick's Day/karaoke jam celebration at the VFW. Again, come. Meet the members and staff. Enjoy drum corps and the friendships and bonds it fosters.

Looking forward to March 21st!!! Everyone needs to come out to the St Pat's Karaoke Party!!! Alumnus, friends, people that live in the neighborhood, future Bushwackers. I'm looking forward to hearing the lovely voices of you people. I'm sure some of you could make it far on American Idol. :thumbup:

It'll be $10 at the door, free hot dogs, cash bar, tons of laughs and probably a leprechaun sighting. Make a day of it! Come early in the day for rehearsal and stay well into the night for singing!

I can't wait for this camp!!! Karaoke!! WOOHOOO!!!

You all know how the corps members hype their shows because they think their show is the best thing since Phantom did the crab step thingy in 93?...well...I'm gonna do it here too.

This show is really freakin cool. One of, if not, the best show music/concept that I've been a part of in my last 19 years of marching. The thing is, that it'll be RIDICULOUS with a full horn line - and we need more people to fill it up. What is it? Are you afraid to come down and check it out? Would you really rather be on the beach this summer instead of having a kicka$s time with Bush? Do you not know any Bushwackers? Do you hear bad things about us? Do you not like the corps? I'd really love to get the pulse on how the rest of the drum corps community feels about us...because, quite honestly, every time we post anything on DCP, the only people that respond are Bushwackers. Why? Talk to us! Wahhh!! Let's not start an argument here though - if you have serious concerns about Bush, email me and we'll talk about it. Not here. We don't want any bad feelings. Thanks! :thumbup:

Ask us stuff. Whatever questions you have, we'll try to answer them. This is NOT the Bushwackers of old (Not that that is necessarily a bad thing). We are full of young talent, some middle aged talent, and a couple of old guys :cool: . Our guard is hott, (yes, with two t's) the drumline is sick, and the horns are blazing. The staff and administration has just about completely been revamped, with fresh ideas and modern operating styles - and it's really working!! Our next camp is March 21st-22nd. Grab your mouthpiece, get in your car, and get your butt to rehearsal. You will NOT regret it, I guarantee it. Come join the freak show. Drum Corps is full of freaks anyway - now you can shine like you've always wanted to. Run away and join the Bushwackers Psychotic Circus. I dare you. :cool:

If you have ANY questions, feel free to email me at chris.mignemi@foxnews.com.

Edited by bumo27