Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask...

Does any marcher, particularly a guard member, have a photo of themselves just before tour, and then a photo from just after tour, so they can compare just how tan they got over the summer?
It seems like a pretty common thing, yeah. Sometimes I think I want to do the before/after weight loss pics as well.
Has anyone else seen someone attractive in a drum corps video, and wondered where they are now?
definitely
Speaking of cameras, how aware of the cameras are the kids, while they're marching the show? A couple of times I noticed pit members look directly at the camera, but do any members out on the field find themselves doing that during the show?
I know that this past summer, towards the end of or third movement at the "mojo" section, there were always cameras right in front of me, because i was 3 steps behind the front side line. and when the dvds came in, lo and behold, a nice long shot of me "mojoing"

Im also looking right at the camera in the picture of me in uniform right over there <----

Its hard to see, but I am.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd they pull that off, anyway? Were all three girls in that box the whole time? Did each of them have to spend half the show in there?

For all the songs except the closer there were only 2 girls. They alternated songs so one was out and the other was in the door. The other two girls were in the guard up until some point leading up to the closer. I don't know the logistics of how they got changed though.

do designers plan on winning in certain years and not others? ex. did cavaliers designers plan on winning in 06 before ever starting the year and not also not expect to have a winning show in 05 or 07?

do the people who film for the dvds and the live cinecast guess where to look at or do they just point, shoot, and hope the get a "good part/set" on tape?

why do they keep taking away shows in the midwest specifically missouri?!? why not, since finals have 9more years in indy, have the last shows before finals week either be in allentown or at MIZZOU or KC Chiefs stadium one year then the other stadium the next year? then in years when the last show is in allentown, start the season going west making a stop at MIZZOU/KC for a regional before hitting denver and circling back up to allentown then to finals. then switch starting in allentown then making it around to MIZZOU/KC?

why does INT always get standing ovations?

if some people (corps) have such a problem with fans going into the lot to watch other corps, why not propose something in the off season so other "elite" corps dont put on such a show in the lot?

kinda along the same lines of the last question, arent the lots usually free to get into? (see where this is going? $$$)

how did the guard in SCV 08 change during the VANGUARD! moment?

i think i figured it out, but it had me wondering for a while.

as I maxed out that drill move and put my horn up, looking at the cameraman only with my peripheral vision. The result:

http://www.joleschorders.com/view_user_pho...mp;FROM=browser

Fantastic pic! I hope you bought the Big package. :smile:

+++

My question which I hope someone will answer because it's always bugged me: What happened to the DCI Director before Dan Acheson took over?

As I remember it, it was some guy who had some kind of non-profit experience (maybe out of Chicago) but no drum corps experience. He was there a year, and then just wasn't with NO word of explanation at the time.

Does anybody else beside me remember this?

do the people who film for the dvds and the live cinecast guess where to look at or do they just point, shoot, and hope the get a "good part/set" on tape?

they have a general knowledge of where the main key point of interest that they want to shoot are in all of the shows. They have two months to do their research.

The camera director just tells the varous camera men where the key points are. Then all the other stuff is vamped for the most part. The director will just tell someone to find a good shot in however many seconds, they switch ect...

at least that's how it usually works

I've heard that in 1984, the visual caption head of Garfield Cadets changed the step-off onto the right foot to keep the members from getting apathetic about their marching technique. But maybe they changed it just to be different.

Pretty much. It was 1985 though. If you've ever been a part of a corps where the vets think they know everything and dont want to respond to new instruction, you know what we're talking about. At least thats what I've been told, I was all of 6 months old at the time...

Actually, usually I think the directors fill out a form of where they want the cameras to go where, to pick up on the moments they think are the best for the show....

why do they keep taking away shows in the midwest specifically missouri?!? why not, since finals have 9more years in indy, have the last shows before finals week either be in allentown or at MIZZOU or KC Chiefs stadium one year then the other stadium the next year? then in years when the last show is in allentown, start the season going west making a stop at MIZZOU/KC for a regional before hitting denver and circling back up to allentown then to finals. then switch starting in allentown then making it around to MIZZOU/KC?

Amen... I wasn't able to see live drum corps in 2008 and in 2009 I'm not going to have any good home show... as close as I'll get it somewhere in Illinois :\

Has anyone else seen someone attractive in a drum corps video, and wondered where they are now?

I've certainly wondered plenty of things about them. Their current location is not terribly high on the list, though I can see what you're getting at... Usually it has to be a guard or pit girl, though, obviously. Especially one playing castanets in 2004. Some people might know what I'm talking about, and that's all I'm saying about it. :D

they have a general knowledge of where the main key point of interest that they want to shoot are in all of the shows. They have two months to do their research.

The camera director just tells the varous camera men where the key points are. Then all the other stuff is vamped for the most part. The director will just tell someone to find a good shot in however many seconds, they switch ect...

at least that's how it usually works

Great example of this on the 2007 DVD easter egg.