Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of their drill writers back in the 60's was an ex-Nazi, so Michael Gaines hides them in his shows as a tongue-in-cheek sort of humor.

Oh, that's really in poor taste. Funny, but I just can't get the roll on.

Puppet

Why do people in the drum corps activity take such offense to being called "marching bands," when every innovation that has been introduced defines drum corps specifically as "marching bands?"

Why are the numbers on a telephone opposite from those on a calculator and keyboard?

OMG great question. That has and does drive me crazy daily....whose dumb ### idea was that?

Edited by Paq

What's up with The Cavaliers and swastikas? I've seen them in 3 shows of theirs, so far.

Which shows?

In any case, the swastika is an ancient symbol, mostly having to do with well being, good luck, and success. The symbol itself is a pretty natural shape that is pleasing to the eye, so I'm not surprised to see it pop up in an activity that deals with attractive geometry.

In 5th grade, I remember once being told to go wash my hands off, as I'd been drawing swastikas on my hand, in red pen no less. At the time, I had no idea what I'd done. Apparently I just thought the symbol was cool.

Which shows?

In any case, the swastika is an ancient symbol, mostly having to do with well being, good luck, and success. The symbol itself is a pretty natural shape that is pleasing to the eye, so I'm not surprised to see it pop up in an activity that deals with attractive geometry.

In 5th grade, I remember once being told to go wash my hands off, as I'd been drawing swastikas on my hand, in red pen no less. At the time, I had no idea what I'd done. Apparently I just thought the symbol was cool.

Yep....it made appearances all over until Hitler's use of it corrupted it for all time....even if you go couner clockwise with the arms, the general shape now pretty much belongs to the Nazis.

Yep....it made appearances all over until Hitler's use of it corrupted it for all time....even if you go couner clockwise with the arms, the general shape now pretty much belongs to the Nazis.

I had a spiral written into a band's drill (all curves, no hard angles) and the director complained that it looked like a swastika.... :thumbup: