Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danielle was the main girl - for kill bill, dancer, and she was the one at the end. Beth was the girl in Liquid and Machine. Towards the end of machine, the last two girls snuck behind the door to change for mirrors, spawning the joke that the best drill spot to have during that section was....well, its pretty obvious.

wasn't a bad place to be during the latter end of mirrors either...

see the tuba bell on the right?

I'm assuming that's you? If so, cool beans. I knew you marched Cadets but didn't know you marched that show. :thumbup:

I'm assuming that's you? If so, cool beans. I knew you marched Cadets but didn't know you marched that show. :thumbup:

He also stood around for a couple years after that... :thumbup:

My daughter was in colorguard/winterguard from 8th grade until she aged out. In 1997 (Orlando) she sat in a guard clinic hosted by The Cadets, she said to me, Dad, one day I will march in that guard, from 1997 until 2003 she worked very hard to become the best she could be, in 2003, in Orlando, she aged out with The Cadets, as a member of their guard.

My daughter was in colorguard/winterguard from 8th grade until she aged out. In 1997 (Orlando) she sat in a guard clinic hosted by The Cadets, she said to me, Dad, one day I will march in that guard, from 1997 until 2003 she worked very hard to become the best she could be, in 2003, in Orlando, she aged out with The Cadets, as a member of their guard.

We're getting OT, but...

Are you saying she marched 97-03? or just 03. I know of one person in the guard that did march 97-03, and if she was your daughter, thats really cool....

do designers plan on winning in certain years and not others? ex. did cavaliers designers plan on winning in 06 before ever starting the year and not also not expect to have a winning show in 05 or 07?

What a great question. I am convinced that designers know when they are NOT designing a championship show. For example, I cannot possibly believe that SCV thought they could "win it all" with their shows from the last 2 years. They seem to be designed with the mindset that "If we max this show out, we could get as high as 3rd."

The problem is that the top 4-5 spots are usually taken by corps who DO have championship-caliber shows.