What bugs you - senior edition

you forgot picture in the rain

If DCA doesn't think it's important, then who am I to argue. It's not like it actually costs anything to make the trip to rochester. It just costs a little more now since it's BYOP.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Dave. Always a pleasure.

Dateline May 2005: My first Bushwackers rehearsal ever, at the "commuter parking lot" in Ridgefield Park, NJ.

I'm standing in horn arc, in the rain, at night, with no lights, except for the light that Dave Kapp lent to me that is a elastic headband with a light attached to it, kinda like a coal miner. I'm trying to sight read the 3rd bari parts to 1812 Overture, when I hear a really loud note coming from the 2nd baritones, and Exley cuts us off and gives a stern look in that direction. Josh Cohen (horn sergeant at the time, I believe) says "No Mignemis, please" and I was like..."Excuse me?" To which the entire hornline erupted in laughter. Apparently, "The Mignemi" was a term at Bushwackers years before I even joined the corps. "Pulling a Mignemi" is just overblowing the horn and sticking out of the ensemble. Not necessarily with bad tone quality, just really friggin loud. (Ya know, how everyone else in the line SHOULD be playing when it says ffff in the score. :smile: )

Forever immortalized. Thanks, Bush. :tongue:

You know we love ya,goomba. :w00t:

Thank you, Dave. Always a pleasure.

Dateline May 2005: My first Bushwackers rehearsal ever, at the "commuter parking lot" in Ridgefield Park, NJ.

I'm standing in horn arc, in the rain, at night, with no lights, except for the light that Dave Kapp lent to me that is a elastic headband with a light attached to it, kinda like a coal miner. I'm trying to sight read the 3rd bari parts to 1812 Overture, when I hear a really loud note coming from the 2nd baritones, and Exley cuts us off and gives a stern look in that direction. Josh Cohen (horn sergeant at the time, I believe) says "No Mignemis, please" and I was like..."Excuse me?" To which the entire hornline erupted in laughter. Apparently, "The Mignemi" was a term at Bushwackers years before I even joined the corps. "Pulling a Mignemi" is just overblowing the horn and sticking out of the ensemble. Not necessarily with bad tone quality, just really friggin loud. (Ya know, how everyone else in the line SHOULD be playing when it says ffff in the score. :smile: )

Forever immortalized. Thanks, Bush. :tongue:

Actually yes, the term also implies being out of tune. But we still love you.

It bugs me that Cabs aren't auditioning for a piano player...

jk

I love DCA more than ever!

It bugs me that Cabs aren't auditioning for a piano player...

jk

I love DCA more than ever!

Who said? If you use mallets, it OK. Really!

If DCA doesn't think it's important, then who am I to argue. It's not like it actually costs anything to make the trip to rochester. It just costs a little more now since it's BYOP.

this is about what bugs you tho. your perfect chance to vent!!!

Actually yes, the term also implies being out of tune. But we still love you.

.......and at least you didnt troop the stands...... :tongue::smile:

Bush is auditioning for a monkey grinder. You can take a shot at that if you like...

**** Bad joke alert ******

Looking for monkeys that grind what?