Trumbull Finals Thoughts

JTT

I will put a couple thoughts out there about my favorites at Trumbull

Blessed Sacrament : Show keeps getting better and since the Salem Regional. From the second they take the floor they controlled the audience through a unique and thoroughly modern performance. The movement they present is simply fabulous on top of an agressive yet incredibly musical equipment book. There was no comparison in the class with them. The fact that they were not at least 8 points up on everyone was a surprise to everyone in the room.

Alter Ego : Definitely a World Class book. Most people around me had them in second considering what they were competing against. Huge variety of equipment and movement skills are displayed through the entire program. Could use some scrubbing near the end but they should find themselves moving ahead of some of their competition at the next regional.

Cheshire and Trumbull : How can anyone deny the equipment abilities of either of these colorguards. The weapon lines were just wonderful and the flag tosses were executed beautifully.

Greater Johnstown : Fun music, fun show and some outstanding performers. Looked forward to seeing this group again and they were improved from Salem by a big leap. Just wish the staff would clear up their presentation.

Sonnor : It was great to see a group execute equipment and body skills unlike almost any other team at the regional. They definitely have some cleaning to do and they need to be consistent but it was fun to watch this group perform.

Spectrum : Entertaining show with a fun floor which progressively changed color throughout the performance. This group spun well and performed well. I thought they could have fought it out with Patriots in the Open Class.

Les Esclipses : One of the more creative ways of starting a show at this regional with members rolling from the front to the back. Another floor that kept opening and folding. Solid rifle section in the middle was a highlight

Some requests from a longtime fan of the activity 1) appropriately uniform your performers. not only does it look bad, but it made NO sense visually with what you were attempting to do on the floor. 2) i do not need your indoor colorguard performance to teach me life lessons. spin well, spin to good music and entertain us, that is what the audience wants to see 3) please WGI, have your judges truly judge their class and put people where they belong there were some odd judging decisions at finals 4) please stop using the boring, overdone tunes

Sonnor : It was great to see a group execute equipment and body skills unlike almost any other team at the regional. They definitely have some cleaning to do and they need to be consistent but it was fun to watch this group perform.

I'm glad you enjoyed our show - really wasn't the best of runs for us - the kids got nervous performing in front of all those Americans :tongue: - but we'll be working hard towards South Brunswick!

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89

I was VERY impressed with Trumbull High School. WOW - an amazingly talented group of youngsters.

Sonnor- gorgeous silks (from what I could tell on the computer). I just LOVE Canadian color guard!!! : )

Black Watch - truly remarkable. I love how they utilized the benches. Clean it up and it will be fantastic in finals! :)

Mechanicsburg High School - Now that's pagentry!! THE PROPS! Holy mackarel! WOW!!! God bless the parents who put all that together. Stunning opening flags.

Well I competed in A Class at Trumbull, and we did make Finals (Impact Independent).

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see any others in my class, but I saw a few Open and most of the World class guards.

(By the way, congratulations to everybody in all classes this weekend :tongue: )

My thoughts,

I absolutely loved Alter Ego's show. I could hardly stay in my seat. Cheshire and Mechanisburg, two very cool shows with neat concepts. I was kind of curious to see Cheshire after hearing they were doing a part two, but I loved them as well!! We rode up with Croatan World, and I personally really enjoyed their show as well.

Who did the Oceana(sp) show? I really liked that one too. The concept was great and the staging was REALLY well done.

Overall, a lot of amazing talent at this regional, and I am very excited to see a few of these groups again in New Jersey, and even Dayton!! Good job everybody, and good luck!! :wall:

Who did the Oceana(sp) show? I really liked that one too. The concept was great and the staging was REALLY well done.

I believe that might have been Norwalk...they were great in finals!

I definitely must say that this is the first time in a long time where I left prelims looking forward to seeing everyone in finals again. So many great shows this year!

I believe that might have been Norwalk...they were great in finals!

I definitely must say that this is the first time in a long time where I left prelims looking forward to seeing everyone in finals again. So many great shows this year!

Whoever it was, I REALLY enjoyed their show :lol:

And I felt the same way about finals