WGI surprises and breakdowns

For those coming to the Indianapolis Regional @ Ben Davis HS; get ready to be awed by some outstanding Indiana SA Guards; 3 of whom could potentially make finals, with one having a great possibility of capturing the SA Title in Dayton. In SO; just watch out....is all I'm gonna say. There is one clear cut favorite in this class unless a major blow up occurrs. In SW; all the IN groups will make finals in Dayton; with 2 of them being in the top 5; 2 more in the top 10; and 1 in the 10-15 spot. Keep in mind as well, this is a "prelims" for the IHSCGA (Indiana High School Color Guard Association) State Finals which will occurr on March 21st @ Center Grove HS. Buckle your seatbelts kids, this is gonna be a bumpy ride :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those coming to the Indianapolis Regional @ Ben Davis HS; get ready to be awed by some outstanding Indiana SA Guards; 3 of whom could potentially make finals, with one having a great possibility of capturing the SA Title in Dayton. In SO; just watch out....is all I'm gonna say. There is one clear cut favorite in this class unless a major blow up occurrs. In SW; all the IN groups will make finals in Dayton; with 2 of them being in the top 5; 2 more in the top 10; and 1 in the 10-15 spot. Keep in mind as well, this is a "prelims" for the IHSCGA (Indiana High School Color Guard Association) State Finals which will occurr on March 21st @ Center Grove HS. Buckle your seatbelts kids, this is gonna be a bumpy ride :)

You lost me at all Indiana SW groups will make finals in Dayton. . .I'm gonna say right now, Northview won't.

Well follow the zodiac and you will be found..hahaha....on the contrair...Northview ALWAYS rises to the occassion and this year is no exception :)

Well follow the zodiac and you will be found..hahaha....on the contrair...Northview ALWAYS rises to the occassion and this year is no exception :)

not with the inside dish I've gotten. . .Northview looks like a Scholastic Open guard this year; from show design to people quitting to them just being a really young guard this season. . .it's just not in the stars this year! ha. . see what I just did there?! ;-)

Northview looks like and performs like a Scholastic Open group this year. .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

not with the inside dish I've gotten. . .Northview looks like a Scholastic Open guard this year; from show design to people quitting to them just being a really young guard this season. . .it's just not in the stars this year! ha. . see what I just did there?! ;-)

Northview looks like and performs like a Scholastic Open group this year. .

Those last three spots in SW are up for grabs as best I can tell. There's about 6-7 guards trying to get them. I would consider Northview to be one of them. I wouldn't count Shen out just yet. We'll have to see how the next regional goes for them. Plus do not forget Americas they are still riding on a week 1 score I'm sure Mike Gaines and the rest of the staff has plans. Seminole is strong also. Riverbank just got a great number. Those last spots are any one's guess.

Edited by backntheday

Those last three spots in SW are up for grabs as best I can tell. There's about 6-7 guards trying to get them. I would consider Northview to be one of them. I wouldn't count Shen out just yet. We'll have to see how the next regional goes for them. Plus do not forget Americas they are still riding on a week 1 score I'm sure Mike Gaines and the rest of the staff has plans. Seminole is strong also. Riverbank just got a great number. Those last spots are any one's guess.

Could be.. .the way I see it, there are 2 spots open. I think one of them will go to Seminole, which leaves about 5 groups gunning for the last spot: I think Stoneman or Americas have the best shot at it.

I think locks for SW are:

Arcadia HS

Avon HS

Carmel HS

Center Grove HS

Centerville HS

Cheshire HS

Choctawhatchee HS

Flanagan HS

James Logan HS

Miamisburg HS

Rancho Bernardo HS

Trumbull HS

Warren Central HS

What's going to be interesting, is to see how WGI lumps them into prelim performance blocks. My guess is that there will be 3 rounds of 8. Someone will get a lucky break and get to perform in the 2nd round that should hypothetically be in the first round. All of your finalists will come from round 2 and round 3.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Could be.. .the way I see it, there are 2 spots open. I think one of them will go to Seminole, which leaves about 5 groups gunning for the last spot: I think Stoneman or Americas have the best shot at it.

I think locks for SW are:

Arcadia HS

Avon HS

Carmel HS

Center Grove HS

Centerville HS

Cheshire HS

Choctawhatchee HS

Flanagan HS

James Logan HS

Miamisburg HS

Rancho Bernardo HS

Trumbull HS

Warren Central HS

What's going to be interesting, is to see how WGI lumps them into prelim performance blocks. My guess is that there will be 3 rounds of 8. Someone will get a lucky break and get to perform in the 2nd round that should hypothetically be in the first round. All of your finalists will come from round 2 and round 3.

I bet you are right about the rounds and how it will work out on who gets in, in regards to performance time. I think Seminole is in for sure after that I think it will be Americas or Riverbank.

Edited by backntheday

I am inside the twilight and the stars read Northview will make it. :). How about a wager of dinner at the winners place of choice..of course not much is open after finals...so i'll settle for a liquid dinner at The Mask..haha.... This weekend will be a true scoring of their efforts given forth this season. For putting Northview and Scholastic Open (not that there is anything wrong with SO)...in the same sentence..your MEPA Pass has been revoked for life..LOL....

Show me a guard..A Open or World that has NO PROBLEMS whatsoever..and I'll give you an island I own in the South Pacific. Thank you :tongue: