And the results are....

Man, I was really pulling for 2005 Cadets. I think that was my third favorite from the finalists, behind only Phantom and Cavaliers, and one of my very favorites from this decade. I'd take Cadets over either Blue Devils or Crown. Still, this is a pretty impressive list. I'll attend if I can make it.

I'd take Cadets 05 over all of the shows on the list, but especially the Cavies, SCV, Crown, and Bluecoats.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No blue stars, crossmen, or glassmen...why not vote for corps we haven't seen in theaters yet. Give some other kids the oppurtunity to be on the big screen

somehow, i feel cheated.

i think the problem with 05 was there werent many epic top 4 shows which means the lower corps might get overlooked. madison, bluecoats, phantom all had amazing shows. 1st place cadets also had an awesome innovative show, but cavaliers did the chicago themed show and bd did the dance derby...

or maybe i over thought this and people just liked other shows better

I'm shocked bloo 05 only got 400 odd votes.....it's seriously close to a perfect show

edit: of course I mean design standpoint and of course it's my opinion so it's worth nothing

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Sweet! Looks like I'll be saving some money after all.

Does anyone else here feel ripped off? I usually buy the DVD and now I am going to have a DVD with two corps on it that were on previous DVDs. Great shows, but kind of redundant, don't you think?

I totally get where you're coming from.

But I think the topic you're looking for/should start is:

Who thinks DCI should do a "viewer's choice" type DVD? WGI does this, and it's the best idea from a marketing aspect. They take groups from previous years, and you can put an X number of performances on one DVD for a flat rate. More than that and it's $X per extra group. They exclude the previous and current year groups, I think (so if DCI were doing it, say they keep it to pre-2007) to keep sales of their most recent years strong.

I can't believe DCI hasn't offered this yet, as I know WGI has been doing it for a few years now. That would definitely solve your issue, and would be a crazy money maker for DCI.

I would bet that a lot of older fans who may even have most of the legacy DVD's would pay extra to create their own favorite mix of shows.

Not a bad lineup...I was also pulling for Cadets 05 to get in there, that is one of my favorite Cadets shows, and hands down my favorite from 2003-2008.I thought it was interesting that Magic 2003 was only four votes away from being one of the top 12 finalists. I was also surprised to see 2008 Cadets finish lowest of all Cadets shows in round one...I would have thought 2006 would have been the lowest.

I think their 2008 show is EASILY one of their worst designed shows since Hopkins took over as director. I'm not surprised it placed so low.

I totally get where you're coming from.

But I think the topic you're looking for/should start is:

Who thinks DCI should do a "viewer's choice" type DVD? WGI does this, and it's the best idea from a marketing aspect. They take groups from previous years, and you can put an X number of performances on one DVD for a flat rate. More than that and it's $X per extra group. They exclude the previous and current year groups, I think (so if DCI were doing it, say they keep it to pre-2007) to keep sales of their most recent years strong.

I can't believe DCI hasn't offered this yet, as I know WGI has been doing it for a few years now. That would definitely solve your issue, and would be a crazy money maker for DCI.

I would bet that a lot of older fans who may even have most of the legacy DVD's would pay extra to create their own favorite mix of shows.

Good idea.

Even cooler would be to let you make your mix from 13-21/25, All-Girl, etc . . .whatever they have left circuit-wise on VHS that could be transferred to DVD.

Be fun to make a Ventures/Bandettes DVD or a "Best 13th Place Show Ever" one. . . or a Marauders/Freelancers one . . .well, I'd have a lot of fun with it, anyway. :rolleyes: