And the results are....

I don't get posts like this. Every time I've gone to a theater to see one of these, I've had nothing but fun... kicking off the season at a theater full of drum corps fans, counting down the days till the start of the new season. When I read comments like this, I wonder why people just can't enjoy life. You don't want to spend the money? Ok, I get that. But "Better luck next time?" Whaaaaa? :rolleyes:

I've seen half of those shows live. I was kinda hoping there'd be more shows that I hadn't seen aside from on the FN. If I have a chance to see a show that I haven't seen live and I can only see on the FN (which isn't exactly great quality), then I might go. 2003 Crossmen, for instance. Good show. Never seen it live or on DVD. If that had made it in (along with '05 Madison, perhaps), then I might have considered going. But no. I've seen most of those in the highest quality possible already. Maybe next year they'll pick some better shows.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. I mean, getting together with drum corps friends, meeting new ones, taking over a movie theater and checking out drum corps on the big screen (even if I've seen the shows before), and of course the "after party." What's not to love? I haven't missed one yet, and can't wait for this one. Didn't even vote. Don't care. I still know I'm going to have a blast.

:rolleyes::huh::doh:

Can't wait for the 13th!!!!!!

So.... can dci\fathomevents get the word out to theaters this year to kick the volume up to abnormally high levels? They never seem to get this.

:rolleyes: where did cadets go?

I've seen half of those shows live. I was kinda hoping there'd be more shows that I hadn't seen aside from on the FN. If I have a chance to see a show that I haven't seen live and I can only see on the FN (which isn't exactly great quality), then I might go. 2003 Crossmen, for instance. Good show. Never seen it live or on DVD. If that had made it in (along with '05 Madison, perhaps), then I might have considered going. But no. I've seen most of those in the highest quality possible already. Maybe next year they'll pick some better shows.

Maybe next year WE'LL choose some better shows???!!! Us fans picked 'em, right? I know I sent off at least 20 of the "tell your friends to vote" e-mail things that DCI had at the end of the vote ... i'm pretty tickled pink about the six that'll be shown!

NOW, If only I could figure out how to bottle up this 2009 vintage of "Mellofone08 WhINE" .... before the event on the 13th me and my boys could pre-party, post-party and still have at least a case left to keep us saucy through the weekend!

Cheers!!!

Maybe next year they'll pick some better shows.

"They'll?" You mean the thousands of people that voted?

How about this: DCI lets you vote however you want to vote... an all-Phantom Countdown, if that's what people really want... but you need to pay $15 in order to vote. Then your ticket is included at no additional charge. That way, people can invest in the outcome. Literally.