And the results are....

The difference is that opera and the NFL will continue to exist if a few thousand people stop caring about them.

so again, spend money to see what I have at home if things are tight?

hey i feel for the corps. the economy sucks and mainly the cause is a bunch of rich ########s.

but, to blindly go just because is as stupid an argument as there is. DCI will make more off of me going to a live event this summer than they will here.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't implying anybody had to do ####, just that drum corps is going to disappear if people don't support it.

Precious $? A $10 movie ticket is precious cash? People can't save up a week, two weeks, to buy a $10 movie ticket? The average joe pays more than that in a week for coffee or fast food. If anyone is seriously #####ing about a $10 movie ticket, as if that is a legitimate concern at all, then please get off the public computer and go crawl back to your bench and enjoy your newspaper blankets. $10 is chump change for anybody other then toddlers and hobos. Sure, times are tough and money is a little tight, but Jesus Christ.

no need to invoke JC. But guess what....$10 CAN be a lot to many people.

lest ye live in glass houses.....

First off, i'll most likely be going to the show. Its 30 seconds from my house, why not.

Heres what i dont get. all of you saying 'even if you dont like it you shouldnt skip out on it to support drum corps'. True, the money supports drum corps. But buying a ticket for an inferior product also doesnt inform DCI of the displeasure fans may have in the format. If enough fans dont like it, the only way DCI would know would be through decreased ticket revenue.

win

You could also send said $10-15 to a kid marching this summer.

Anything helps :smile:

Precious $$? A $10 movie ticket is precious cash? People can't save up a week, two weeks, to buy a $10 movie ticket? The average joe pays more than that in a week for coffee or fast food. If anyone is seriously #####ing about a $10 movie ticket, as if that is a legitimate concern at all, then please get off the public computer and go crawl back to your bench and enjoy your newspaper blankets. $10 is chump change for anybody other then toddlers and hobos. Sure, times are tough and money is a little tight, but Jesus Christ.

Well, let's see - I could either pay $10 to go see band shows that I've already seen live before, or I can eat.

Decisions, decisions...

so again, spend money to see what I have at home if things are tight?

hey i feel for the corps. the economy sucks and mainly the cause is a bunch of rich ########s.

but, to blindly go just because is as stupid an argument as there is. DCI will make more off of me going to a live event this summer than they will here.

It was a LOT more fun around here when you were trying to be a judge, and DCA put a muzzle on you. Are you just trying to stoke your post count again? :smile: :smile: :rock:

Well, let's see - I could either pay $10 to go see band shows that I've already seen live before, or I can eat.

...the award for best supporting actor in a mellodrama is... :smile:

It was a LOT more fun around here when you were trying to be a judge, and DCA put a muzzle on you. Are you just trying to stoke your post count again? :smile::smile::rock:

i dont even know what the total is. blame it on unemployment

...the award for best supporting actor in a mellodrama is... :smile:

this thread...ensemble cast

i dont even know what the total is. blame it on unemployment

I feel your pain, brother.