And the results are....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad line-up. I'm pretty sure I'll be going.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that a good portion of the people voting are not familiar with 2003-2005. I have to question that because 10 of the top 15 are from 2006-2008, and only one show from 2003. Just a thought.

Good thought... so is that bad or good? I guess if the target audience is people who are mostly only familiar with 2006-2008, then it's a good deal for DCI. However, that doesn't describe anyone (or, almost anyone) who posts on DCP.

Man, I was really pulling for 2005 Cadets. I think that was my third favorite from the finalists, behind only Phantom and Cavaliers, and one of my very favorites from this decade. I'd take Cadets over either Blue Devils or Crown. Still, this is a pretty impressive list. I'll attend if I can make it.

Yawn.

DCI Countdown 2009= a chance for high school bandos to scream I am Spartacus in a movie theatre.

Not a bad lineup...I was also pulling for Cadets 05 to get in there, that is one of my favorite Cadets shows, and hands down my favorite from 2003-2008.I thought it was interesting that Magic 2003 was only four votes away from being one of the top 12 finalists. I was also surprised to see 2008 Cadets finish lowest of all Cadets shows in round one...I would have thought 2006 would have been the lowest.

Five of the six performances I voted for are in the final Countdown lineup. Not too bad!

Next year, DCI management can just give me a shout.... I'll name six performances I'd like to see from a given time frame, and they can pick five of those six. It'll save a lot of time. :rolleyes:

Fran