And the results are....

No blue stars, crossmen, or glassmen...why not vote for corps we haven't seen in theaters yet. Give some other kids the oppurtunity to be on the big screen

I agree. I am so tired of always seeing the top 6-7 corps highlighted in everything. I think I'll start going to just the first half of contests and then go watch those corps eat in the lot, pack, etc. :rolleyes: .

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No blue stars, crossmen, or glassmen...why not vote for corps we haven't seen in theaters yet. Give some other kids the oppurtunity to be on the big screen

Exactly how I feel.

God forbid some of these newer fans (I suppose that's the target audience) pick something a little different. Are people really that obsessed with the big winners ? (Cadets, BD, Cavies, SCV.......)

:rolleyes:

Well.....their loss IMO. There are probably some shows from the lower placing corps they would love.....but because of their lack of moderation....they will never get to see/hear them....

If DCI does this again next year.....I say they ought to do a random draw...keep everyone guessing. And keep the rule that only one performance per corps.

Edited by Triple Forte

Oh yeah, I know. BK 06 and 07 are two of my favorite shows of the past 6 years or so, though.

I don't see myself going to any classic countdown ever again. I haven't bought a finals DVD since 03, and there's a reason for that.

Does anyone else here feel ripped off? I usually buy the DVD and now I am going to have a DVD with two corps on it that were on previous DVDs. Great shows, but kind of redundant, don't you think?

I have to agree. They're much cheaper than championship DVDs. I was hoping for Glassmen or the Scouts to make it instead of these two that have already been on there...

I'm really not angry. I'm far from surprised about BK, and it was meant to be more funny than anything. But as somebody was telling me earlier this week, a lot of times intent gets lost without nonverbal cues.

I think this Countdown thing is interesting. I understand why DCI has made the decision to use the newer vids, and with so many votes cast, it seems like they're doing a good job of getting people to play the game. It's not lost on me that the hobby that I follow has figured out a way to get itself on movie screens in theaters around the country. I just hope they will eventually get one even closer to my house, so my fellow fans of "back in the day" drum corps can join me for a few beverages before (and after) the show without a long ride home afterwords. :rolleyes:

i sure do love seeing the same shows over and over...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't really want a format that would allow just a few corps to dominate any one year's picks, but the fact that a show (any show...not a dig on Crossmen '03 in particular!) could only get 364 votes in the initial round and become a finalist seems pretty flawed to me. Think of it this way...there were no fewer then 40 shows that received more votes, but were not finalists (Crown '08 with the most, at 2,748. That's more then 7.5x as many!) I'm all for getting to see some different corps on the screen, but there's got to be a better way to balance things out, although I don't really have any specific ideas.

Edited by troon8