DCI Announces Drum Corps Collectors and Historical Society

Drum Corps Collectors and Historical Society!

This is a great first step and I urge everyone to support this effort and for those of you who can contribute...this is IMPORTANT!

Steve Vickers and Bob Jacobs are both involved. I don't know many details but I would hope the southern region and the western region would also be represented.

I know, I wish we'd have done this a long time ago, but it's never too late to start preserving one's past and the historical artifacts associated with the past.

I'm very stoked about this effort and have spoken about it before on DCP. Hopefully, someday...an actual Hall of Fame and Drum Corps Museum. Hey, this new President ran on hope, right? So, I guess I can hope as well.

Just emailed Bob Jacobs... LOL few years ago I bought two of the three Drum Corps Manuals shown in the top picture on the left. Both are from the 1930s and have some other historic DC related stuff that I've been trying to figure how to use. If this group can set up a website with scanned pages, pics, etc it would help before this stuff gets trashed as the original owners pass on.

Drum Corps Collectors and Historical Society!

This is a great first step and I urge everyone to support this effort and for those of you who can contribute...this is IMPORTANT!

Steve Vickers and Bob Jacobs are both involved. I don't know many details but I would hope the southern region and the western region would also be represented.

I know, I wish we'd have done this a long time ago, but it's never too late to start preserving one's past and the historical artifacts associated with the past.

I'm very stoked about this effort and have spoken about it before on DCP. Hopefully, someday...an actual Hall of Fame and Drum Corps Museum. Hey, this new President ran on hope, right? So, I guess I can hope as well.

The fact that DCI and DCA are both supporting this, along with Drum Corps World, is pretty monumental. Who woulda thunk it? Someone has actually woken up and realized that it's time to pay some respect to the history of "this thing we do."

Again, this may be the best story out so far from DCI/DCA/DCW etc. in this early part of the year.

I don't have that much of a historic nature myself but I have friends who have tons of stuff and my wife works in an archive here in AZ and knows tons about collecting and maintaining collections.

This is uber cool!!!! UBER COOL!

For all of those who love to point out all of the "Sad Days for Drum Corps," here is a GREAT day for drum corps. Kudos to DCA, DCI and DCWorld. :rolleyes::huh::doh:

EXCELLENT!!

I hope my wife never sees this. There's probably a museum's worth of stuff between the garage, the basement and the attic. Her finding out about this would probably be one of the greatest things that's happened to her (other than marrying ME of course!). I guess I should start inventorying my stuff... it sounds like this could actually turn into something.

I hope my wife never sees this. There's probably a museum's worth of stuff between the garage, the basement and the attic. Her finding out about this would probably be one of the greatest things that's happened to her (other than marrying ME of course!). I guess I should start inventorying my stuff... it sounds like this could actually turn into something.

Just seeing Jacobs and Vickers names associated with this gives me a good sense of excitement that something very real and tangible will come out of this. Think of a downtown attraction in a city centrally located in the country with a history of hosting marching band and drum corps competitions...with large downtown convention facilities.