Strange jumps in 1975 "A" Class

From what I remember on the recordings, Oswego was on fire at Butler, but not so much at Marion or DCI. It was as if one of their lead sopranos was missing from the latter two events. They still made their obvious talent evident in all those performances.

For the Gauchos, it wasn't so much a failure to peak at the right time....just that someone had to land in sixth place that day.

By DCI, Floridians had a higher and more consistent ensemble quality than the preceding corps, Marksmen or Glassmen. Same applies even more so to Charioteers.

I presume Greece Cadets combined quality and quantity to rack up their lead (having not seen these corps, I'm not sure of all the corps sizes).

From what I remember on the recordings, Oswego was on fire at Butler, but not so much at Marion or DCI. It was as if one of their lead sopranos was missing from the latter two events. They still made their obvious talent evident in all those performances.

For the Gauchos, it wasn't so much a failure to peak at the right time....just that someone had to land in sixth place that day.

By DCI, Floridians had a higher and more consistent ensemble quality than the preceding corps, Marksmen or Glassmen. Same applies even more so to Charioteers.

I presume Greece Cadets combined quality and quantity to rack up their lead (having not seen these corps, I'm not sure of all the corps sizes).

audiodb,

Do you have or do you know where I can get recordings of these Shows? I had a reel to reel recording from 75 that I gave to the Glassmen. And I have no clue what show it was from. Hearing the recordings form these Shows I will know for sure. I am thinking US Open or DCI Finals. The solo during the concert changed during the season. I agree with the ensemble quality. No excuse, but we were young. I think the average age of the sop. line was maybe 14 or 15 if that. There were some who started marching in 73 came back in 79 and aged out in 82 and 83. The song I had the most fun playing was The Hill Where the Lord Hides arrange by Jim Ott.

My notes show we had 115 members in 74 and 118 in 75. Most of us were local, and the rest were from Mich. My notes show we had 52 brass, 25 percussion, 24 flags, 10 rifles, 4 American Squad, 2 DM's and 1 guard captain.

Dean

• 11 years later...

This post came back 11 years later? WOW

Imagine if Charioteers had continuity and started in June like others!