You Know You've done too much Drum Corps in your life when......

When even after 32 years you can still march a 22 1/2 inch step and when your hubby starts to estimate something you pace it off. He thinks you're nuts so you just have to get out the yardstick and prove to him that each step was exactly 22 1/2 inches.

When you are 6'3" tall and your 5'2" wife has a larger step size than you!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you hear any version of malaguena not done by a corps and cringe

when you hear any version of malaguena not done by a corps and cringe

I'm NOT going to copy this, and then change it to say...

"when you hear any version of malaguena not done by the Madison Scouts and cringe"

and then type "fixed!"

because I'm not.

really. I am not going to do this.

... You unfairly judge ALL performances to the DCI calibre level. For instance, the local high school here does ONE band performance a year aside from the parades in town, they do the Homecoming football game. Not a single kid is in the band or cheer squads because they have a passion for marching, so their performance, while definitely "Mom & Dad appreciated quality" is hardly together or stellar.

And I have the nerve to judge it in my mind only as if it were an August performance of drum corps on their way to DCI...

:whistle:

Ah yes, I can't stand to watch a parade, a football halftime show, a band concert or a school musical because every single performance is compared to the dedication and perfection of a drum corps performance and found sorely lacking.

When you go to buy tickets for a show at the Opera House and ask for seats "On the Fifty"...

This one is funny... Even when I go to shows (ie musicals and such) I think maybe I should sit further back so I can get the visuals.

I got you all beat, I'm a teacher and I had to chaperone a school dance. I live to far away from my district to go home so busted out my air matress from my car (camp weekend) and set up shop in the library to take a nap. I was so beat and didn't even think twice about it. I couldn't decide if other teachers were amazed or disgusted haha.

This one is funny... Even when I go to shows (ie musicals and such) I think maybe I should sit further back so I can get the visuals.

I got you all beat, I'm a teacher and I had to chaperone a school dance. I live to far away from my district to go home so busted out my air matress from my car (camp weekend) and set up shop in the library to take a nap. I was so beat and didn't even think twice about it. I couldn't decide if other teachers were amazed or disgusted haha.

Thank the stars we never had to do the air mattress, school gym scenario but every time I pass any parking lot or open field I think "rehearsal site!"

Puppet

... you think tan lines are sexy.

you feel nostalgic whenever you smell diesel.

So true. The smells of cut grass and spray paint are good ones too.

Your pass codes on your computer at work are drum corps related.

all my passwords are some rudimental lick... in fact, you can have the lick, but only I know the keys :whistle:

tapdrag tapdrag sixlet 4 a [enter]

paradiddlediddle puduhduh [enter]

bookreport 2 grandama [enter]

:thumbup: