2009 WGI Scholastic World

MAV

The prelim shows for Scholastic World are finished for today...

1 94.6 Avon HS

2 91.6 Flanagan HS

3 91.3 Carmel HS

4 91.2 James Logan HS

5 90.1 Warren Central HS

6 88.0 Arcadia HS

7 87.4 Center Grove HS

8 87.1 Choctawhatchee HS

9 87.0 Miamisburg HS

10 84.4 Rancho Bernardo HS

11 84.2 Trumbull HS

12 83.7 Cheshire HS

13 83.1 Freedom HS

14 82.7 Centerville HS

15 81.3 Seminole HS

--------------------------------------------

16 80.3 Americas HS

17 80.0 Riverbank HS

18 76.7 Northview HS

19 76.6 Northmont HS

20 76.3 Rancho Cucamonga HS

21 76.2 Chino HS

22 74.6 Stoneman Douglas HS

23 74.3 Shenendehowa HS

24 72.9 West Orange HS

Anybody want to review these? Would love to know what each show was about!

Edited by MAV

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Avon!! Looks like 2-5 could go anyway and also 6-9!! Gold Medal appears all locked up!

I'll be watching the webcast when not in class.

i believe it is definitely time for Avon to get their GOLD medal..

which i believe should have been theirs last year.

edited my first sentence.

Edited by whiteroses

Well I was hoping that James Logan would be able to pull it together for the gold but it looks like it just ain't gonna happen...ohh well I guess asking for an 11th gold medal is a little bit excessive lol...gotta share the wealth sometimes. I think Avon has the gold locked down and I say it's going to be a battle for silver between Logan and Flanagan but if I were a betting man I would say 1. Avon 2. Flanagan 3. Logan

Edited by kcee

I think Warren Central might sneak up in there and grab the bronze... that would be awesome!

If Carmel can avoid the dropsies, they could well hold on to the bronze spot. It's a well designed show with great weapons technique.

I just want to say this. I was an audience member today during the Scholastic World Prelims and was astounded by a comment made by another audience member after a certain color guard performed. I'll leave names out, but I just want to say this: we should remember that every color guard this weekend has worked for hours upon hours on perfecting their shows--crowd response is often the only source of repayment these ladies and gentlemen receive (other than self-satisfaction, of course) and it should not be up to someone else to decide if their performance was worthy of applause or not if others decide the opposite. It makes me sick to think a man could say such a thing of those kids who performed with their hearts on their sleeves. And I'm almost afraid of the responses I'll get to this post. Although bad sportsmanship is unfortunately part of the activity, it shouldn't just be accepted as something that "happens"--it's absolutely disgraceful.

On the upside: I did get the great fortune to be leaving the arena as Avon and Flanagan reached the concession area together. How lovely it is to see competitors congradulating each other on a hard day's work. This is what color guard is about.

:smile: Not to be Negative Nancy but does 2009 seem to be a little weak in comparison from 2008? Edited by PeteInGA

I think 1st and 2nd are set in stone at this point, unless one of the groups has a really bad run tomorrow. I think Logan will be shut out of the medals because Carmel and Warren Central are both really good. If Carmel performs as well as they did today they will hold on to their spot. If Warren Central has a really good run, I could see them pulling ahead of Logan.