2009 WGI Scholastic World

MAV

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is James Logan got a penalty in prelims and without it they would have been in third. Can anyone confirm?

I heard the same thing - that Logan would've been 3rd had it not been for a penalty. For what it's worth, I think the panel got the top 2 in the correct order. However, I would've had Flanagan closer to Avon and distanced from their neighbors below them as I felt they were clearly better than Carmel and Logan (vs. tenths away). Below that, I felt Carmel in 3rd was the right call, but could easily see Warren Central sneaking up to give them a real battle for the bronze. I personally didn't feel that Logan had an especially good run today, and find parts of their program a little hard to follow (especially the end which seems rather random). I actually thought they would be below Warren based on today's run, and again won't be suprised if Warren has a good run in finals and passes them. Below the top 5, Trumbull was a HUGE highlight for me. GREAT equipment skills by those girls and they had a wonderful run. I also enjoyed Seminole's performance - VERY musical in their interpretation and well performed.

I certainly do miss Fred C. Beyer HS from Modesto, CA being in the top rankings of the Scholastic World class. I hope the color guard activity will not forget their classic, innovative shows that earned them Silver Medals in past WGI Championships.

Since I'm such a big fan of groups like Stoneman and Northmont,

anyone care to explain the scores?

ESPECIALLY STONEMAN....With the placement of 22nd out of 24?! :thumbup:

I understand being a fan...I'm a big fan of Stoneman Douglas, myself, but there was a lot not quite right with that show in terms of design, and the kids had a bad run at prelims. They're definitely going through some changes in that program, and I feel that it showed on the floor.

I understand being a fan...I'm a big fan of Stoneman Douglas, myself, but there was a lot not quite right with that show in terms of design, and the kids had a bad run at prelims. They're definitely going through some changes in that program, and I feel that it showed on the floor.

Oh definitely. But I am not shocked that they didn't make finals..But more of their final score.. Don't you think that a 74 is ridiculous?

Oh definitely. But I am not shocked that they didn't make finals..But more of their final score.. Don't you think that a 74 is ridiculous?

Stoneman Douglas seems to be experiencing some growing pains as a result of the directorial changes that have taken place this year.

They'll work it out, though. They have a historically strong program and they'll rebound. They just need a little bit of time to settle-in to their new surroundings. This type of thing is fairly common when a program goes through major changes. It's just a natural part of the process.

I didn't see their prelim performance, but I guess they had a particularly rough run.

Even so, 74 does seem to be a bit on the low side - especially when they scored a 77 two weeks earlier at the Tampa Regional.

But it's water under the bridge, now.

I actually kinda liked some of the stylistic choices that were made in their show this year. Initially, I wasn't sure how much I could get into a show about greed and money and all that stuff. But by the end of the season, the total package had some interesting touches in it that I rally appreciated.

I definitely give them props for working their show right up 'till their final performance.

Since I'm such a big fan of groups like Stoneman and Northmont,

anyone care to explain the scores?

ESPECIALLY STONEMAN....With the placement of 22nd out of 24?! :thumbup:

That made me wanna cry my eyes out.

I thought they'd place higher than last year, but than not making finals at all?! GEEZ.

:(