2009 WGI Scholastic World

MAV

That made me wanna cry my eyes out.

I thought they'd place higher than last year, but than not making finals at all?! GEEZ.

:(

"Things happen, things you never see coming..." [-cheshire 2008]

I thought that fit perfectly.

And this is perfect to make those douglas divas push themselves. In 2007, they placed 8th with The Outcome. This is following 2006, The Hunt, where they did not make finals... History ALWAYS repeats itself. [:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined only to respond to this discussion about Stoneman Douglas.

Our program has gone through a drastic number of changes in the past 2 years. We have almost completely revamped our staff (not necessarily for the better) and were forced to make very last-second changes. Our new main color guard instructor did not have the time to design the show Douglas fans know and love (which usually take a full year or more to design). Also, with few new members and a lot of vets quitting and graduating, it was very difficult (I am sure) for these girls this season.

And I must agree with the post previous to me... "The Hunt" was also the result of a staff change. It goes without saying that it is nearly impossible to design a world-class show without knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your individual cast members.

They have a historically strong program and they'll rebound. They just need a little bit of time to settle-in to their new surroundings. This type of thing is fairly common when a program goes through major changes. It's just a natural part of the process.

There. I've now officially quoted myself.

:thumbup:

Bottom line on Stoneman Douglas: they'll DEFINITELY be back.

It's always difficult to watch a terrific ensemble struggle through an atypically "down" season. "Ups and downs" almost always happen when a staff/guard undergoes a lot of changes in a very short span of time.

But the Stoneman Douglas Program (capital 'P') has been so successful for so many years that one "off" season that comes about as a result of some unanticipated changes isn't going to affect the Program (capital 'P') in a long-term way. Guards that have a Program (capital 'P') as solid as Stoneman Douglas always find a way to maintain their success.

I have no doubt that Stoneman Douglas will regroup, refocus and once again will be competing at the level excellence that we've come to associate with them.

:thumbup::worthy:

Edited by Mr. Know it all

There. I've now officially quoted myself.

:shutup:

Bottom line on Stoneman Douglas: they'll DEFINITELY be back.

It's always difficult to watch a terrific ensemble struggle through a atypically "down" season. "Ups and downs" almost always happen when a staff/guard undergoes a lot of changes in a very short span of time.

But the Stoneman Douglas Program (capital 'P') has been so successful for so many years that one "off" season that comes about as a result of some unanticipated changes isn't going to affect the Program (capital 'P') in a long-term way. Guards that have a Program (capital 'P') as solid as Stoneman Douglas always find a way to maintain their success.

I have no doubt that Stoneman Douglas will regroup, refocus and once again will be competing at the level excellence that we've come to associate with them.

:worthy::smile:

:thumbup::worthy:

And random, but if anyone happened to see Douglas live..

Doesn't this resemble a portion of their show right before their green flag feature -> " :thumbup: " Choreography and all! :worthy: