OKAY.... I'm gonna say it

I did not like Aimachi and I felt let down. Maybe I had my expectations too high and that is not their fault but my own. After some were expecting them to be the first non-US champions, I guess I wanted to be blown away and I wasn't. I liked the Uniforms and the Floor but not together. They should have kept the uniform and went with a much simpler floor, or vice versa. I did like a lot of the rifle work but as a whole, the show was a HUGE let down.

So I owe a huge apology to Corona and Onyx because I assumed this would be a SCV, Aimachi and NEI party and boy was I wrong. Onyx was fantastic in my opinion and I had paid them little to no attention all season.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not like Aimachi and I felt let down. Maybe I had my expectations too high and that is not their fault but my own. After some were expecting them to be the first non-US champions, I guess I wanted to be blown away and I wasn't. I liked the Uniforms and the Floor but not together. They should have kept the uniform and went with a much simpler floor, or vice versa. I did like a lot of the rifle work but as a whole, the show was a HUGE let down.

So I owe a huge apology to Corona and Onyx because I assumed this would be a SCV, Aimachi and NEI party and boy was I wrong. Onyx was fantastic in my opinion and I had paid them little to no attention all season.

I have to say I rather disagree. I thought that compared to their last visit to the US, they seemed much more improved. For example, as opposed to a huge focus on the baton aspect of their strengths, they focused on lots of movement and DEFINITELY improved on their equipment books. I loved the emotion behind the sequencing and how each event in the show seemed very well thought out completed before the next event took place. I didn't think Aimachi's Beloved was a let down at all--it was very entertaining, actually.

All of the hype about Aimachi was nothing more than spin generated by their American staff!

I disagree. I thought they were really wonderful. In addition to being beautiful movers and great on thier equipment, the whole thing is just very forward. It's very theatrical and the production qualities are absolutely top-notch. They're also one of the cleanest groups I've seen. The talk at Headquarters last night among the WGI "establishment" was shock that they weren't in the top 2. Apparently they were 8th in ensemble and Mike Gaines was quite dissapointed.

I disagree. I thought they were really wonderful. In addition to being beautiful movers and great on thier equipment, the whole thing is just very forward. It's very theatrical and the production qualities are absolutely top-notch. They're also one of the cleanest groups I've seen. The talk at Headquarters last night among the WGI "establishment" was shock that they weren't in the top 2. Apparently they were 8th in ensemble and Mike Gaines was quite dissapointed.

Don't get me wrong, they are good, VERY GOOD, but in no way a contender for the gold medal. I guess I went into it not expecting them to just be good but be as good or better than Santa Clara. I have been saying all year that SCV was amazing and the gold medal was all but sewed up. Some others were saying expect to crown the first non-US champion. I thought I was going to be blown away, something on the level of SCV or even like Fantasia of last year. I didn't get that. It is a beautiful program, I was just expecting more. A LOT MORE!

Oh and we cant have WGI Hall of Fame member Mike Gaines dissapointed!!! Aimachi magically improved from 8th in ensemble to 1st in all ensemble captions. I cannot express how dissapointed I am in WGI Judging. I think SCV defiently deserved their placement. Corona was droppy and sloppy in finals and shouldnt have been second. Northeast Independent was absolutely gorgeous!!! They were ROBBED!!!!! I think the placements should have been

SCV

NEI

Corona

Aimachi

Oh and we cant have WGI Hall of Fame member Mike Gaines dissapointed!!! Aimachi magically improved from 8th in ensemble to 1st in all ensemble captions. I cannot express how dissapointed I am in WGI Judging. I think SCV defiently deserved their placement. Corona was droppy and sloppy in finals and shouldnt have been second. Northeast Independent was absolutely gorgeous!!! They were ROBBED!!!!! I think the placements should have been

SCV

NEI

Corona

Aimachi

I actually liked Aimachi more today than yesterday. I saw it like this

SCV

NEI

Aimachi

Corona

NEI was definitely robbed

SCV

NEI

Corona

Aimachi

What do you mean "all ensemble captions"? There's only one ensemble caption and one ensemble judge.

Northeast was very good tonight. Their purple flag feature was probably the cleanset thing all weekend.

I certainly know who I liked the best, but I wouldn't question the judges. They may make mistakes, but they are professionals who know what they are doing.

Aimachi was my favorite, by the way.

loved aimachi tonight.....not so much yesterday.........when you put them back to back i thought NEI just didnt have the meat in the show although loved the change,,,,,the bottom few? ughhhhhhhhhhh some finalist spots IMO should have been recalled.

What do you mean "all ensemble captions"? There's only one ensemble caption and one ensemble judge.

Northeast was very good tonight. Their purple flag feature was probably the cleanset thing all weekend.

I certainly know who I liked the best, but I wouldn't question the judges. They may make mistakes, but they are professionals who know what they are doing.

Aimachi was my favorite, by the way.

i agree witgh you till the judges statement,,,lmao...what planet u on?