Are there drum corps in Maryland?

Depending on where in Maryland, the closest competitive corps may be Shenandoah Sound (just 20 minutes South of DC). The corps has a lot of HS aged students, especially in the drum line. I know I may be biased, but I recommend it as a good place to "get your feet wet" in the drum corps activity.

Oh yes, I forgot about them!

GOOD place to get started (and maybe more).

MY youngster started out in 03 on cymbals, and is now in his 2nd year in World Class on snare.

The important thing is to START and KEEP WORKING.

Battery spots are the most competitively sought spots in Drum Corps.

It helps to start young and get good instruction if you want to play at the highest levels.

Oh yes, I forgot about them!

GOOD place to get started (and maybe more).

MY youngster started out in 03 on cymbals, and is now in his 2nd year in World Class on snare.

The important thing is to START and KEEP WORKING.

Battery spots are the most competitively sought spots in Drum Corps.

It helps to start young and get good instruction if you want to play at the highest levels.

Agree 100%. My brother and I both started around age 7.

Thanks to everyone who's been offering suggestions. I've forwarded it on to my friend. She lives in Mananas Park, VA so maybe Shenandoah Sound is an option for her son.

Thanks to everyone who's been offering suggestions. I've forwarded it on to my friend. She lives in Mananas Park, VA so maybe Shenandoah Sound is an option for her son.

Please tell your friend to contact us, as we actually meet in Mansassas Park, VA and as luck would have it thie weekend is our Spring Open House. We already have some younger teens so it will be a good fit.

Any questions please contact me directly and I will provide a contact number.

Thanks for the time.

Peter

Please tell your friend to contact us, as we actually meet in Mansassas Park, VA and as luck would have it thie weekend is our Spring Open House. We already have some younger teens so it will be a good fit.

Any questions please contact me directly and I will provide a contact number.

Thanks for the time.

Peter

Peter- what's your contact information?

Thanks

Rennaissance Drum and Bugle Corps from York, PA ,is focusing mostly on building an indoor percussion line and adding on different sections as interest grows. They have a facebook group and their website is http://www.renaissancedbc.com/rdbc/index.php.

Many of their members over the past few years have come from Maryland, and have included members as young as 10, I believe.