Fahrenheit - At a loss for words

GuarDiva09

I am at a loss for words. Why did Fahrenheit World not make finals? I would have had them in 10th. Their prelims show was so emotional, strong, powerful, clean, and they proved they wanted to be on that floor Saturday night. I was horrified to see Sacred Heart out there with that A class show, Diamante was good but no way near as good as Fahrenheit, and for once Fahrenheit was much better than Premonition this year.

Their Open Guard had a great run as well, and they didn't make finals either.

Both guards missed finals by 1 point from World, 1.1 by Open and both guards got 18th place

Both guards also got the same score in Tamoa Finals

Something is starting to seem rigged.

WGI has lost their minds. Also Warren Central was better than Flanagan and Logan. Notice how Aimachi jumped up to 3rd in finals. Nei lost a medal, hmmmmmmmmm something sounds fishy. And Alter Ego even being in finals? They got 21st in equipment in prelims, this activity was started by flags rifles and sabres, they were 21st in equipment yet place in finals?

Aimachi should have been 3rd in prelims, and Corona should have won the gold with their standard setting amazing show, the audience was in tears, and SCV was great but their work was the easiest book in the top 15

I am so confused with WGI.....did anyone else catch Fahrenheits Amazing prelims performance?

I am at a loss for words. Why did Fahrenheit World not make finals? I would have had them in 10th. Their prelims show was so emotional, strong, powerful, clean, and they proved they wanted to be on that floor Saturday night. I was horrified to see Sacred Heart out there with that A class show, Diamante was good but no way near as good as Fahrenheit, and for once Fahrenheit was much better than Premonition this year.

Their Open Guard had a great run as well, and they didn't make finals either.

Both guards missed finals by 1 point from World, 1.1 by Open and both guards got 18th place

Both guards also got the same score in Tamoa Finals

Something is starting to seem rigged.

WGI has lost their minds. Also Warren Central was better than Flanagan and Logan. Notice how Aimachi jumped up to 3rd in finals. Nei lost a medal, hmmmmmmmmm something sounds fishy. And Alter Ego even being in finals? They got 21st in equipment in prelims, this activity was started by flags rifles and sabres, they were 21st in equipment yet place in finals?

Aimachi should have been 3rd in prelims, and Corona should have won the gold with their standard setting amazing show, the audience was in tears, and SCV was great but their work was the easiest book in the top 15

I am so confused with WGI.....did anyone else catch Fahrenheits Amazing prelims performance?

Ok, I appreciate the opinion but starting two topics and a post that say the same thing maybe isn't the best choice to get it out there.... I responded to one of them about Sacred Heart and Flanagan. Now to some of the others...

WGI is not rigged. SCV's book was not the easiest in the top 15, that's just a blatant exaggeration. Nothing sounds fishy about Nei losing a medal that they never had in the first place, because placements change from show to show just as judges do with different subjective tastes and understandings. Nei was great Saturday night by the way. They are also not the first guard that had a great show but did not medal. Nei should be proud of their accomplishments of a great show and should know that a 3rd place finish in prelims and a 4th place finish at finals in Independent World was the envy of probably just about every guard below them. Their members probably already know this.

WGI, an organization, hasn't lost it's mind because it's not a person. The people within it, however, are hard workers that are striving for excellence because they LOVE this activity, otherwise they wouldn't bother. The consistency of judging seems to be an issue for many people. I imagine they will address this.

It happens you know, good guards sometimes don't make finals. We missed it by .5. I was upset at first but you just have to realize that for that one show there were people who had better shows. And to discuss alter ego, I think anyone who saw them should be questioning more why they got 21st in equipment then why they were in finals! Alter Ego has impeccable technique and they perform it amazingly. They were an extremely memorable guard for me and I am glad they moved up in finals, very much deserved!!!!

Also, I could understand how someone would say that SCV seemed to have a way easier book because they made it look so easy. They may not have had as many tricks or huge tosses but their choreography(key word, it's not just about tosses) was very challenging. Their flag book alone made my mouth drop! In Mia's class on Sunday she talked about how you don't need to do crazy tricks to win a dance competition and I immediately thought of SCV, they showed they were amazing in a different way. Some may not like that different way, but I am glad WGI appreciated it!

I know and iam sorry I am sorry I posted it twice. I thought it would get lost in the Ind world rankings post.

I think Alter Ego was great, I just am confused at the judges choices. It annoyed me.

I'm sure everyone was annoyed with soMe outcome, this was mine

It happens you know, good guards sometimes don't make finals. We missed it by .5. I was upset at first but you just have to realize that for that one show there were people who had better shows. And to discuss alter ego, I think anyone who saw them should be questioning more why they got 21st in equipment then why they were in finals! Alter Ego has impeccable technique and they perform it amazingly. They were an extremely memorable guard for me and I am glad they moved up in finals, very much deserved!!!!

Also, I could understand how someone would say that SCV seemed to have a way easier book because they made it look so easy. They may not have had as many tricks or huge tosses but their choreography(key word, it's not just about tosses) was very challenging. Their flag book alone made my mouth drop! In Mia's class on Sunday she talked about how you don't need to do crazy tricks to win a dance competition and I immediately thought of SCV, they showed they were amazing in a different way. Some may not like that different way, but I am glad WGI appreciated it!

Interesting:

agree..SCV.......loved them...standard setting

Alter Ego...liked the show.....could they possibibly toss anymore,,,,,,ughhhhhh

your comment on Mia.........it's not a dance competition :worthy:

well as i posted earlier fahrenheit open was a show that i saw as one of the top shows coming into dayton. i just think its interesting that they scored 2 or 3 points below USF all season and had fought back and forth with Wind in tampa, but when in dayton they were completly written off and i think its because they were the younger guard... but not by any means the less talented guard.

as far as their world guard i thought the talent in Black Gold and Fahrenheit was that of a finalist guard and still can not understand what kept these guards out of finals

i just think its interesting that they scored 2 or 3 points below USF all season and had fought back and forth with Wind in tampa, but when in dayton they were completly written off and i think its because they were the younger guard... but not by any means the less talented guard.

Last year the "younger" guard went back and forth with River City all season and then Fahrenheit A tied for the bronze medal in IA and River City didnt even make finals and at the same time the world guard placed 15th in IW. So how do you explain that? If the they were "completely written off" this year bc they were "younger" explain to me why didn't it happen last year?

It basically all comes down to is anything can happen in Dayton. These two groups could have had flawless runs in prelims but if the judges think that 15 other groups are better than them, then they arent going to make finals. So just work harder and come out stronger the next year. Theres nothing you can do about it now.

Last year the "younger" guard went back and forth with River City all season and then Fahrenheit A tied for the bronze medal in IA and River City didnt even make finals and at the same time the world guard placed 15th in IW. So how do you explain that? If the they were "completely written off" this year bc they were "younger" explain to me why didn't it happen last year?

It basically all comes down to is anything can happen in Dayton. These two groups could have had flawless runs in prelims but if the judges think that 15 other groups are better than them, then they arent going to make finals. So just work harder and come out stronger the next year. Theres nothing you can do about it now.

OH . if it were that simple.

lookin back through thieir local as well as WGI it wasnt a back and forth RCI a few tents at their premier and a debateable win in finals at tampa..none of that has bering though. I think the poster who said written off may just have meant left out of the mix .

none the less //both o f thire teams were wonderful this year......congrats to them as well as all units

well as i posted earlier fahrenheit open was a show that i saw as one of the top shows coming into dayton. i just think its interesting that they scored 2 or 3 points below USF all season and had fought back and forth with Wind in tampa, but when in dayton they were completly written off and i think its because they were the younger guard... but not by any means the less talented guard.

as far as their world guard i thought the talent in Black Gold and Fahrenheit was that of a finalist guard and still can not understand what kept these guards out of finals

Thanks Anya from including us ini the mix! We knew coming into prelims that there were well over 15 guards that had very viable chance of making finals. Having been a part of a group both as a performer and instructor that finished one spot out...and leaving the weekend broken hearted....it was important to me that a score flashing on a screen did not define our experience this time around. BG was asked to not leave anything unsaid after prelims....and to give their all to that performance. Although we may have liked for some technical elements to have had the chance to be presented more solidly....I could not have been more pleased with the "performance". They also understood that it was important not to negate the hard work and passion displayed by their competitors. I couldn't be more proud of how they handled the situation.

In the meantime, I have a meeting with Karma.....to figure figure out why we got the privilege to compete in IW during such an amazing year filled with so many amazing groups...without ever really getting the chance to succeed in open. Looking back...for the experience shared by that group...and the process they experienced telling my story...and in turn their own....is a gift I'll cherish forever. It was all for the best.

Here's to 2010. We'll try to win over karma in the process....

Thanks again for your kind words.