setting new standards?

dugg

I think this was a bench mark year for experimenting in movement. Should I be thanking Mia Michaels?????

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the post above that I saw a lot of INCREDIBLE shows in Finals this year. Sooooooo many amazing performances out there - wow.

But in terms of "setting standards, I'd have to give props to Diamante. They showed us lots of new way to use equipment this year.

Their tandem rifle work is the best example of that.

One particular section of move that sticks in my head is the passage wherein a guy tosses a 6 or a 7 and a girl LEAPS into his arms and makes the catch.

They incorporated several moves like this into their show VERY successfully.

OMG....ARE YOU KIDDIN ME

Avon, IN has been on the verge of setting standards in movement. These young ladies and gentleman move with the smoothness of parkay margarine. Ever since their program in 2007 this program and performers have made huge strides in the movement category. Warren Central also had alot of intriguing movement moments. Center Grove with just thirteen young ladies on the floor the movement that these performers exhibit is fantastic. And Carmel, wow...what graceful movers these young ladies are...OK I'm a bit partial being from Indiana. But still these four ensembles...watch out next year is all I can say :).

Diamante set no standards as all of their tricks came from Corona in years past. Speak with members on Corona, all those tricks corona has done. Not saying Diamante didn't do them well, those standards have been set from Crown guard and Corona as far back at 2002, they always have the best book

NEi has brought the level of acting to the activity. I truely believe their show was not a BIG arena show. It was more personal and intimate and their acting and performance was the best out there that weekend. Everything they did had a beginning, middle, and end and it was just amazing. Plus being the only world guard to nail a 7 on sabre, and Fahrenheit being the only ensemble world guard to nail a rifle 7 its pretty impressive.

Corona, and Nei set new standards

and Aimachis boys from Pride never danced that good in Pride they got amazing!!

Diamante set no standards as all of their tricks came from Corona in years past. Speak with members on Corona, all those tricks corona has done. Not saying Diamante didn't do them well, those standards have been set from Crown guard and Corona as far back at 2002, they always have the best book

NEi has brought the level of acting to the activity. I truely believe their show was not a BIG arena show. It was more personal and intimate and their acting and performance was the best out there that weekend. Everything they did had a beginning, middle, and end and it was just amazing. Plus being the only world guard to nail a 7 on sabre, and Fahrenheit being the only ensemble world guard to nail a rifle 7 its pretty impressive.

Corona, and Nei set new standards

and Aimachis boys from Pride never danced that good in Pride they got amazing!!

Amen Sista !!!!

except Diamante..................."THEY DIDN'Y DO THEM WELL" :smile:

What's with all the Diamante dissing?

I like them, they are pretty fresh. Their phrasing is so unique. Perhaps it is best to

not say anything at all unless it is thought out......or at least constructive.

I like them, they are pretty fresh. Their phrasing is so unique. Perhaps it is best to

HOW MUCH MORE THOUGHT OUT DO YOU WANT IT..IT WAS CLEAR I THINK. 1 posting also doesnt make it a

" all that dissing ' you are also very entitled to like them as people who dont are. i vaguely remember strong likes or dislikes from you in other seasons.

HOW MUCH MORE THOUGHT OUT DO YOU WANT IT..IT WAS CLEAR I THINK. 1 posting also doesnt make it a

" all that dissing ' you are also very entitled to like them as people who dont are. i vaguely remember strong likes or dislikes from you in other seasons.

no debate needed,,, I will do that with friends who judged ..but thank you :smile:

OK , i looked back at my comment...didnt mean for it to sound rude..if it did i'm sorry.................still totally agree though with guard diva,