Just wondering..

Include Northview right up there with Miamisburg, Center Grove and Choctawhatchee.

They first qualified for Finals in 1985 - the year that the high school opened - and they've only missed finals a couple of times during the 25 years since then.

As others have said, you can always tell when an organization has a historically strong program "behind the scenes," too. Schools such as those mentioned above make that point VERY clear with the level achievement that they continue to display year after year after year.

:thumbup:

Well here is some info for Logans program...I know a little bit about the program since I had a lot of dance friends do colorguard.

Logan used to have 3 feeder programs ( Alvarado, Barnard, and Chavez middle schools), however two of the middle schools have combined now and so Alvarado and Chavez middle schools feed to Logan now (they are both A class guards I believe). When I went to school they used to start training for colorguard in 7th grade but now they have actually started in elementary school, if you go to youtube and type in colorguard performance at logan you can see one of their elementary school guards, It's really cute and it's just simple flag work with some dance moves thrown in. I am not sure how many hours they practice a week since my friends were under Scott Chandler and not Mark but I know back then they had practice at night at least 3 times a week with all day practices on saturday and everyday at school they had a colorguard class.

Also they pretty much spin year round, when winterguard is over they roll over into marching season, and march over 70 colorguard members and have won 8 WBA (Western Band Assoc.) Championships. If the guard or the band has a performance they will run a full rehersal the same day in the morning and have the kids practice 4-5 hours before they leave on the busses for their show.

I also forgot to mention that Logan also has a SO guard, so I can guess you can consider that their JV guard

Edited by kcee