World Guards Folding?

GuarDiva09

Hi all,

New to the forum, havent been in the loop, lol.

Anyway, Rumor in Florida is that Northeast Independent might be folding as well. Can anyone confirm anything they have heard about this prominent IW guard??? I have no clue why they would be folding. Maybe loss of rehearsal space? All I ever hear down here from anyone who marches there is how great everything is and how well they get treated.

Also, by this time the past 2 or 3 years they have had tons of info about summer camps up on their website, I think last summer they had like 4 camps...but now nothing has changed since WGI

Some of my friends and I were going to try-out for this upcoming season :( It would suck so bad if they didnt exist anymore

Edited by FloridaFanatic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

New to the forum, havent been in the loop, lol.

Anyway, Rumor in Florida is that Northeast Independent might be folding as well. Can anyone confirm anything they have heard about this prominent IW guard??? I have no clue why they would be folding. Maybe loss of rehearsal space? All I ever hear down here from anyone who marches there is how great everything is and how well they get treated.

Also, by this time the past 2 or 3 years they have had tons of info about summer camps up on their website, I think last summer they had like 4 camps...but now nothing has changed since WGI

Some of my friends and I were going to try-out for this upcoming season :( It would suck so bad if they didnt exist anymore

As a matter of fact, I heard a rumor the other day that Northeast was putting out 3 units in 2010. I'll be interested to see what happens! :shutup:

Not many people know but Northeast had 2 units performing this year. NEi and River City Independent or RCi are both part of the Northeast Perfomance Company. Jill and Robby did both guards this year. River City placed 10th in IA Finals and was promoted to Open class.

So the Northeast Performance Company now has a IW and IO program in their organization.

Also, Nease High School will be returning to WGI SA Class next year under Jill and Robby (Nease is what spawned Northeast back in 01)

If I'm understanding the conversation correctly, NEI will either fold for 2010 or will produce three guards for 2010.

Hmmm...

Now, I'm a gamblin' man by nature. Therefore, I'm willing to go out on a limb and bet that at least one of those speculations is wrong.

:shutup:

Anyone have first-hand knowledge of the NEI situation...???

And for the record, I would be absolutely CRUSHED if NEI were to sit out next year after having such a impressive, transformative season in 2009.

If I'm understanding the conversation correctly, NEI will either fold for 2010 or will produce three guards for 2010.

Hmmm...

Now, I'm a gamblin' man by nature. Therefore, I'm willing to go out on a limb and bet that at least one of those speculations is wrong.

:shutup:

Anyone have first-hand knowledge of the NEI situation...???

And for the record, I would be absolutely CRUSHED if NEI were to sit out next year after having such a impressive, transformative season in 2009.

My daughter is friends with a few of their members, and she has been talking to them about her and a few others , (that originally wanted to go to Knights), about auditioning for NEI. and that they were also holding a "spin fest" type of day in the Orlando area during the summer as well as auditions in the fall.

What she says is everything is still a GO!! so lets hope so. :shutup:

I will check with her again soon!

Edited by hurcwave

My daughter is friends with a few of their members, and she has been talking to them about her and a few others , (that originally wanted to go to Knights), about auditioning for NEI. and that they were also holding a "spin fest" type of day in the Orlando area during the summer as well as auditions in the fall.

What she says is everything is still a GO!! so lets hope so. :shutup:

I will check with her again soon!

ooooooooooooooooo I'm sure they will find it alot different there. I'll leave it at that ....lol :shutup:

ooooooooooooooooo I'm sure they will find it alot different there. I'll leave it at that ....lol :shutup:

I am sure they will. After being with Michael for 4 years... but its her decision! :shutup:

but they are also talking USF . so who knows. still early...

My response was NEI continuing.. along with RCI

I am sure they will. After being with Michael for 4 years... but its her decision! :shutup:

but they are also talking USF . so who knows. still early...

My response was NEI continuing.. along with RCI

Dont know how true it is but i hear ( Out of their camp ) that they may not come out either

This just in (from Robby himself!)

<<Although we will not have 3 guards next year (I think we'd go insane!) we will not be folding either. NEi has no intention of folding anytime soon and we're looking forward to the upcoming season. Rivercity Ind. will also be out and competiting in IO, as of now. We're hoping to host a clinic in the Orlando area, as we have for many years, but we're still working out facilities and logistics, etc. I'm sure we'll advertise on our website soon.>>