Best 7th Place Show?

Chalk up another one for 92 SCV

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to vote for 07 bluecoats. as it was already pointed out, this group beat every corps out there at least once in the season...finished second in drums...and had an amazing hornline. If that isn't the best 7th place corps of all time, i don't know what is.

My short list includes:

1979 - Guardsmen (sweet hornline!)

1980 - Santa Clara Vanguard (sweet drumline, drum solo, and drill!)

1984 - Suncoast Sound (great horns, charts, and emotion!)

1986 - Madison Scouts (simply on here for the power of the baritone line and 2 middle song selections)

1990 - Crossmen (what a marked improvement over 1989!)

1992 - Santa Clara Vanguard (rip your face off, TRADITION-al drum corps seved up with passion!)

1995 - Bluecoats (great program and salesmanship)

2004 - Carolina Crown (didn't get into the singing and talking, but really liked everything else)

2007 - Bluecoats (maybe the most talented 7th place corps ever?)

2008 - Santa Clara Vanguard (loved the first 2/3 of the show, then my interest tapered off)

I will go with: 1984 Suncoast Sound

I'll probably be the only vote, but I'm going with the 1979 Guardsmen. My goodness, what a horn line!!

1979 Guardmens gets my vote, you really had to hear it live to soak in that hornline. Their closer, greensleeves, one of the best ever. Could have done without the maypole though

97 Cavaliers. Bent over and all. :smile: But seriously, the drums were killer that year, and the design wasn't bad at all.