1975 RCA Cmpionships

John

I'm glad they arrived.

I hope they're OK. There's some funky sounds at the beginning, but just have some patience and they should play OK.I'm not quite sure what those sounds represent or what caused them. They've been untouched in over 30 years.

Steve

• 1 month later...

This contest was held in Hamilton Ontario and sadly it was not recorded (to my knowledge) by the folks that were usually in Erie recording the RCA championships. Does anyone know of recordings of the championship or others from 1975 RCA contests?

there's a recording of Phoenix at RCA on the CD sold by Bobby Pero.

• 1 month later...

I would love to hear that!

I would love to hear that!

Ditto as I think the DCA version has was sounds like warped tape. OR was it 1976... or was it the Matadors... been a while since I listened...

Well yeah 1975 probably drowned tape.... :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Ditto as I think the DCA version has was sounds like warped tape. OR was it 1976... or was it the Matadors... been a while since I listened...

Well yeah 1975 probably drowned tape.... :ph34r:/>

the 8mm sound version of Phoenix that DCA has and I hope will market some day... has EXCELLENT audio... video is ok but hampered by the temp lighting at Aquinas/Holleder field... one forgets how bad that lighting was... fortunately, you can't hear the generator...

anyway... the sound is quite wonderful...

the 8mm sound version of Phoenix that DCA has and I hope will market some day... has EXCELLENT audio... video is ok but hampered by the temp lighting at Aquinas/Holleder field... one forgets how bad that lighting was... fortunately, you can't hear the generator...

anyway... the sound is quite wonderful...

Well some of us never marched Finals at Aquinas/Holleder :rolleyes:

Did do a show (regional?) there 1979 when we got our new black with blue trim unis. Might have been the show where one of our staff said "Holy #### half the horn line marched to the back of the field and disappeared". :blink: