1975 RCA Cmpionships

I don't think the home Camcorder came out for the general public until 1981 so you may be looking for something on Super 8.

There was actually a VHS recorder (small and portable) with a semi-attached video camera made by Zenith that was out in the mid-70s. You can find video from mid to late 70s drum corps. I, however have no idea where any of it is. I was so enthralled with living in the moment I didn't even get records of things I did back then.

Thought it would never end...

No I didn't get it from JohnJohn...LOL...Actually my old girlfriend (Previous to my wife...LOL) recorded it for me from the stands while imbibing with some friends. Hence the Emmaus Sentinels were not recorded as they probably had nature calling or needed a refill. Those RCA shows were pretty wild!I think you'll find the comments entertaining too!

I can make a copy for you John...Please send me your address and I'll send it to you!

All the best!

Steve Cooley

Many thanks Steve

John Scott

423 Elbow Lake Rd

Sudbury, Ont

Canada, P3E 4N1

Sometimes I think those were the best of days

I have an audio recording of the 1975 RCA Championships. It is not of very good quality and was recorded from the stands with a portable cassette tape recorder in Ivor Wynn Stadium in Hamilton, Ont. Canada. It's on 2 cassette tapes...Here are the corps:

York White Roses

Johnsonburg Diplomats

Sudbury Imperial Knights

Dunkirk Patriots

Kingston Grenadier Yardmen

Hamburg Kingsmen

Brass Inc.

Erie Thunderbirds

Guelph Royalaires

Rochester Phoenix

Get in touch with Glen Kubacki from Selden ... he has equipment that may be able to clean up the tapes and eliminate the "noise" from the corps' performance ... if not him, there are others that do recording presevations ... Ron Allard?

:-)

Get in touch with Glen Kubacki from Selden ... he has equipment that may be able to clean up the tapes and eliminate the "noise" from the corps' performance ... if not him, there are others that do recording presevations ... Ron Allard?

actually Andy... the drum corps history project for restoration of audio seems to be in the hands of Ken Mason... He was the recording engineer for many DCA Championships and is VERY good.

actually Andy... the drum corps history project for restoration of audio seems to be in the hands of Ken Mason... He was the recording engineer for many DCA Championships and is VERY good.

Yup ... Ken is good ... dealt with him several times through the years ... Glen though, took on the challenge of remastering Fleetwood's vinyl collection into the digital age ... there's at least one other guy in the Boston area that does the same ... got some Bpt PAL recordings from him in 2003 ... any of them could probably clean up these RCA tapes ...

Edited by ajlisko

I've got your address now John...Thanks!

I'm recording it right now and I should have it off in the mail on Monday.

BTW...You can't buy cassette tapes anymore. There doesn't seem to be any available, but I still have plenty.

John

All done...I just have to get them in the mail on Monday. I'm excited for you and I hope they come through OK for you!

BTW John...I have to give the Imperial Knights tons of credit for what they were able to accomplish.All of us marveled at how you got to the states for shows in those school busses. It wasn't until Erie bussed it to Sudbury for a show that I came to fully appreciate the distance that you traveled...Plus all of you would stay late at the party and then go home.We had a good time with your corps. That's true dedication. Props to you and the Imperial Knights!!

All the best!

Steve

John

Today...5/13/13

It's on it's way.

US Customs #LC474063485US

I don't know if you can track it once it gets into in Canada...but to track in the US go to USPS.com/tracking.

Steve

John

Today...5/13/13

It's on it's way.

I don't know if you can track it once it gets into in Canada...but to track in the US go to USPS.com/tracking.

Steve

Thanks Steve

Will let you know when it arrives.

John

• 2 weeks later...

John

Today...5/13/13

It's on it's way.

Steve

Just got back into town from visiting grandbabies. Great surprise in the mailbox. Tomorrow will be a revisit to the 1975 RCA championships. Thanks again Steve