Barbara Maroney for Cadets HOF

Ya know, induction to ALL these halls of fame are hard to predict or anticipate. They're always an honor, and sometimes a puzzle.

Barbara has though, with or without anyone's HofFame the closest thing that drum corps has to immortality - during the lifetimes of the folks who sat mezmerized listening to her play, none of us, not a one, will ever forget her.

Not sure I'd trade that for membership in any hall.

Well said, my friend. And very true!

Karen

Thanks, Dave! Where did this one come from?? I've never seen it before.

Hi Sam,

All of those 84 Garfield interviews were on the original PBS broadcast, but they never made it to the DVDs.

I just wish I could get my hands on the "PM Magazine" feature that was done on us. They followed us around for what seemed like a week. I've never seen it before.

I hope all is well with you!

I love those old interviews, especially as they cut from the person being interviewed to action shots of the same person on the field.

I wish that had been around in my day... diggin up the cave wall drawings of my corps takes forever...

Plus every time you posed for like, 6 hours for a picture, right when they get to your face a wolly mammoth comes along and ruins the whole shot...

Not fair.

I just watched her 1984 solo on Fan Network, and WOW!!! I've heard her solo before but watching the close up of her was incredible, she made it look so effortless!

You should've heard it live.....total corpsgasm!

Great interview! Thanks for posting this! The interviewer mentions the '83 show in Evansville. I was there!