Yankee Rebels Proud To Unveil New Uniforms for Season XII

At the start of their innaugural season, the Gettysburg Yankee Rebels had a problem. They had the instruments and the kids ready to go. All they were missing were uniforms. The uniforms the corps had originally ordered were late on back order. Corps director Nick Oristian had to think fast and churned out a well designed uniform in a pinch. "Until the actual uniforms come in I think that we can make due with these uniforms." said Oristian in a December eighth story in the Times. Thursday, the uniforms the corps had ordered finally arrived. They have now become the talk of the borough. The uniform features a modern corps style jacket and pants. From there, the similarities to any other corps ends. The jacket is divided vertically half grey and half blue representing both sides who fought at the Battle of Gettysburg. Atop the heads of those marching this season is a traditional Civil War kepi hat that is halved the same as the jacket. "This uniform is what we have been waiting for!" said an ecstatic Oristian. "This personifies the corps as an example to the memory of those who fought in the war. This is why the corps is the pride of the borough!" Oristian has hinted that in the next few weeks the corps will be releasing info on their DCP-I Season XII program as well as their tour schedule for this year. They are looking to improve on a fourteenth place finish at World Finals last season in which they had two gold medals at tour events. (From the Gettysburg Times, 4/23/09) Special thanks to OcContrakid on the delivery.

GettysburgYankeeRebels.png

Sorry About that. Knew I had forgotten somebody. Thank you so much once again!!!

Sorry About that. Knew I had forgotten somebody. Thank you so much once again!!!

please pardon my ignorance - is there any connection between this Yankee Rebels and the Baltimore Yankee Rebels?

Wishing you all the luck on earth. That area has put out a lot of fabulous drum corps folks....

In all reality, no. Although I knew of the Yankee Rebels existence through studying drum corps history and talking to old members of the Purple Lancers back home, my group is tied only in name. I figured it to be a good name for a fictional drum corps from Gettysburg. I do, however, go to college in G-Burg and love it down here. I am originally from NY and I am a member of the New Purple Lancers out of Auburn in real life. I do have a few old albums of Yankee Rebels shows down here in my dorm though. Thanks for the well wishes.

please pardon my ignorance - is there any connection between this Yankee Rebels and the Baltimore Yankee Rebels?

Wishing you all the luck on earth. That area has put out a lot of fabulous drum corps folks....