The Countdown

ended up being a pretty enthusiastic crowd in nashvegas with at least a hundred or more. really got into cheering (and booing...more on that later).

volume was a little low at the beginning, but by the time crown was on, it was at a decent level...although i prefer my speakers at 11.

i was hoping to get more out of the behind-the-scenes of Regiment, but didn't hear or see anything i didn't already know or had heard. there were also a few current world champions in the building as well. will pitts had a few snarky remarks made about him...esp on that Hoveround. ;)

some very strong boos for the announcement of electronics, which isn't all that surprising.

overall it was pretty good.

btw...wtf was up with the lady with pink hair?!??!?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lombard, IL was stellar! Had about 25 people made up of about five people who marched and the rest all newbies who never saw drum corps before. Phantom got the biggest applause as two of the five were alums.

The audio was perfect. I talked with the manager before the show and told him we wanted the sound cranked up. When it started a guy came in with a walkie talkie and asked us if we wanted it softer or louder. You can guess the response. It wasn't ear-popping, but it was much better than years previous and we got to hear all the corps at primo volume.

While I liked the exploration an audience interaction - I would like the time used to talk with a director or programming staffer to discuss the evolution of the show and maybe the overall experience of that year. Also enjoy video montages like the last segment.

Finally - one idea may be to create a 'moments' Countdown. More corps, more excitement. The Bottle Dance vs. The Fleur de Lis. Blindfolded Bridgemen snares vs. stepping over the guard Cavaliers.

Mav

While I liked the exploration an audience interaction - I would like the time used to talk with a director or programming staffer to discuss the evolution of the show and maybe the overall experience of that year. Also enjoy video montages like the last segment.

Finally - one idea may be to create a 'moments' Countdown. More corps, more excitement. The Bottle Dance vs. The Fleur de Lis. Blindfolded Bridgemen snares vs. stepping over the guard Cavaliers.

Mav

Yes yes yes to both of these!!!!!

(and I wish we had been at YOUR theater. GRR!)

The sound in Hamilton NJ was ok for the first 2 corps then got louder....no L/R dropouts.....Have liked alot of BD shows more then Godfather...2nd place Crown!!!!!!!! Had not seen PR Spartacus but WOW...they put on a SHOW!!!!! Congrats!!!!

:laughing: Agree Pitts is a natural...next gen comin up!!!

I went to Hamilton last year for 1/4 finals...it was pretty good. I would have gone there last night, but I had my spring concert with the Mercer County Symphonic Band.

:laughing:

Um. She had pink hair. Not the norm in central Indiana, but how is that a problem?

Marcus North Shore Cinemas 11 Mequon, WI

Hopefully avoiding people I don't want to see (yeah, you know who you are!). :tongue:

Should see a few Thunderbolts and 76rs there too. Pregame will be at the Prime Time Sports Bar near Brown Deer--8777 N Deerwood Dr, Milwaukee. Ask for Dangerous Dave Dustrude! Pregame begins at 4:30pm.

Pregame was awesome, although the ride there was total hel*. Something about those northside Milwaukee drivers...anyway, got to the theater at about 7:20, bought some cheezy pretzels and went in. 7:32 or so the kid manager walked in and said they were having satellite problems and said they were working on it. Someone actually thanked him too (very polite crowd). At 7:40 he came back in and said the show was cancelled. They refunded our money and gave a complimentary movie ticket to everyone. He even called to see if the Southshore theater was showing the countdown, which it was. I was first through the line and rushed southward, only to get bogged down by a terrible thunderstorm with torrential rain. I arrived too late and did not even go all the way to the theater, as the show was half over already. Very disappointing and actually this cost the local theater money, so

bad, bad DCI :laughing:

and another reason to use high speed cable links and not something that the weather can foul up.

Edited by BigDale

:laughing:

Um. She had pink hair. Not the norm in central Indiana, but how is that a problem?

apparently it garnered more than several laughs from the fans in our audience. the pink hair didn't bother me as much as her steely gaze. i don't think she moved at all during the taping.

In Santa Maria, Calif. we had the same problem as last year, very low sound level. I can see why not as many kids showed up as last year and why unless someone who controls the sound levels decides to change the low volume probably fewer will show up next year. Two years of shouts of up the volume has probably doomed it here. Tis a pity. Other than that the Anaheim Kingsmen (KAC) Alumni Corp contingent enjoyed the show.

Edited by royal-air canada

Had to match the shirt.