**NEW** DCPI Feature

Its FINALLY here - after having been on the "To-Do" list for some time. We're happy to release today the first version of the DCPI Tour Schedule Editor, an online application that will allow you to define and refine the tour schedule for each of your DCPI corps. Like the Caption Selection Editor, the Schedule Editor may be accessed from the main menu on www.drumcorpsfantasy.com and is available for all registered DCPI Directors.

Here's the ruleset for using:

1. Directors may select up to the Maximum Shows allowed per Division (presently World=30, Open=30) and no more than one per day.
  2. Shows may be selected until the ‘close date/time’, after which no further registration will be permitted. Currently, the close date/time is set to 23:59:59 (Central) for the day before the show date (effectively, midnight before the show). Once the show has closed, no further changes may be made to the schedule selection for that event.
  3. Each show has a limit defined for the number of corps from each Division that may participate. We are not currently limiting the number of corps that may register – other than restricting those corps that are not members in a Division-specific show.
  4. Shows that are based on previous placement, such as Semifinals and Championships at the end of the season, are closed to all registration. Participation will be determined by your placement and entered by the Executive Director.
  5. A choice list for each date presents the list of shows that meet the criteria listed above, from which the Director may make their selection. Select the “No Selection” choice to indicate that your corps will be idle on that day. Pressing the Submit button at the bottom of the form will immediately replace the previous schedule with the new schedule.
  6. If/when limits per Division are implemented for a show, registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Once the limit is reached, the show will be closed to further entries and removed from the choicelist for that date. If a registered corps removes their choice for that event, the show will be returned to the choicelist and available for selection until the limit is once-again reached.
  7. Shows that have passed their ‘close’ date will be locked and no further changes will be allowed.
  8. Dates that have no shows available for scheduling (see items 2 & 3 above) will show “All Events Are Closed – No Entry”.
  9. There are no limits on the number of schedule changes that may be made throughout the season, within the rules defined above. However, the Executive Director may elect to limit the number of corps per event (by Division) or change the ‘close date/time’ for a given show. Any such changes will communicated via the website and DCPI discussion forums.
  10. On submission of a schedule update, the director will be sent an email confirmation of the corps' current schedule. NOTE: If you do not receive this email message within a reasonable time, it is YOUR responsibility to advise the Executive Director of the issue. The DCPI server sends the message immediately upon submission of the changes, so the interval depends ENTIRELY on your mail provider and the various internet connections between us, them, and you. The message will be From: "updates@drumcorpsfantasy.com" - so be sure this address is included in your email program's 'approved' or 'whitelist' configuration.

While we've done some testing on the live system and resolved all known issues, there is a chance that you'll encounter something along the way. Please make a note of any issues that you find and send a PM to Jeff (CincinnatiGloryMello) and I (JohnD) so we can have a look at it. As-always, your feedback is appreciated.

The feature is now available and DCPI-12 is now open for schedule submission. Enjoy!

-john

P.S. Thanks to Jeff Hinton for helping us get this designed and tested. The amount of work that he does behind the scenes to make DCPI work is often unseen and unrecognized. Please let him know that it is appreciated.

AWESOME. I will go check it out RIGHT NOW. :tongue:

Thanks, Jeff. Awesome work, as always!

Is the July 31 Boone, NC show a World Class only show?

Yep. The August 1st show in Raleigh is Open/A only.

Is the July 31 Boone, NC show a World Class only show? Just checking because I couldn't sign up with my Open and Class A corps and was hoping to make that my home show.

Correct, July 31st is World Class only.

A few of you have setup your schedules using the Schedule Editor. So - any feedback? Any problems or issues to report?

I suppose "no news is good news" - but with new features we'd like to know if people are finding it useful and easy-to-use.

-john

A few of you have setup your schedules using the Schedule Editor. So - any feedback? Any problems or issues to report?

I suppose "no news is good news" - but with new features we'd like to know if people are finding it useful and easy-to-use.

-john

Worked well for me. I think you did an awesome job with it.

this is so much easier! it's working great so far. awesome job!