Longest marching member

Sounds more like: "Loves Me Some Mello-drama!"

And I just couldn't pass that one by. :lol:

And what started out as a pseudo rant designed to get a couple of laughs - turns out I should make an apology.

But let me say this: I was making fun of a contract for a pre-teen not about those of you who are mostly of voting age who already should have developed a sense of responsibility and don't get me started on an organization who would renege on an agreement or go bankrupt over a couple of thousand dollars. C'mon, don't overreact and I'll try to keep my comedic meds in check.

Puppet

Ah Puppet, you're just an dinosaur like me! I still want to laugh everytime I hear about someone getting a "contract", and I absolutely cringe when I hear instructors called "faculty".

But then again, I also don't believe that drum corps is The Summer Music Games, either.

Cheers!

Karen

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I marched for 16 seasons and didn't march my last 2 years.

Dude you must have been born with a horn/sticks in your hands

didn't nick angelis march forever?

i think SCV for a bit, star, blue knights to name a few

anybody have input on this?

Nick started in the Leister Sattelites from Massachusetts in 1982 (I believe) with his sister Julie...Nick aged out from Blue Knights in 95, giving him 13 years.

BTW, Julie was my high school prom date in 88...she was (and is) a deadly-good snare drummer, and is now playing timpani for the Army band in Washington.

I was lucky enough to have my whole family involved along with a junior corps in my area. I marched with Citations Jrs. of Burlington, MA, Phoenix of Waltham, MA, Citations of Burlington, MA, Spartans of Nashua, NH, and the Crossmen.

Well, sure.... if we include DCA competing Corps...... LOTS of participants over the years have marched dozens of years. For one thing, there is NO ageout restriction.

Harvey Oldermann ( sp ? ) marched in the competing Connecticut Hurricanes of DCA for God knows how many decades. He was around 90 before he had to quit the competitive side of DCA with the Hurricanes.

However We were referring to Junior Corps on this thread I believe.

agreed....this is for junior corps...with an age limit....it's really a measure of how young people got started in their junior corps..

my offering...two sons.

1. First born marched from 1995 - 2000.

6 years - PRC (4), Cap. Sound (3)

2. My youngest son marched 1996 - 2004 (was sidelined 2003 from a knee injury)

8 years - PRC (3), Tarheel Sun (2), Cap Sound (1), Madison Scouts (2)

I remember hearing a story of a Blue Devils member that started with Blue Devils C at like 5 and marched every year going up through the Blue Devils system.

Might have been a rumor or an old wise tale.

Several Have done that

alot of the Odello family did

Between the A, B, & C corps, Jerry Ridgeway marched 20 seasons with the Blue Devils. He started out as a C corps soprano in 1979 when he was three years old and aged out in 1998.

Maybe my math is screwed up or my interpretation is wrong, but if he started out at age three and marched 20 seasons that would make him a "Concord Muchacho". Don't shoot! I'm just kidding! :laughing: