Longest marching member

I seem to recall a family that was involved with the Geneseo Knights bitd; I think their name was Castro, and it seemed that they had several kids marching at the same time in the 70's/80's. I believe some of them marched for quite a few years! Maybe Tommytimp can enlighten us on this???

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For myself...I marched nine....64 through 72, though 64-67 were only parades. I actually ended my marching career at age 19 due to summer work requirements.

Quick question, MIke - Do you remember a guard member in the late sixties early seventies named Cindi (or maybe Cindy) Cardozo? Beautiful dark auburn hair? I remember first seeing her at a Long Island show (Sunrisers?) in 1969. I looked for her every time we were at the same contests (which wasn't too often) and it wasn't until years later I realized how close I came to being a stalker! I thought she was gorgeous. Did she only march for a few years?

Puppet

Maybe my math is screwed up or my interpretation is wrong, but if he started out at age three and marched 20 seasons that would make him a "Concord Muchacho". Don't shoot! I'm just kidding! :laughing:

Jerry got a "bonus year" when DCI changed the age-out rule to let 22-year-olds march if their birthday falls after June 1.

Quick question, MIke - Do you remember a guard member in the late sixties early seventies named Cindi (or maybe Cindy) Cardozo? Beautiful dark auburn hair? I remember first seeing her at a Long Island show (Sunrisers?) in 1969. I looked for her every time we were at the same contests (which wasn't too often) and it wasn't until years later I realized how close I came to being a stalker! I thought she was gorgeous. Did she only march for a few years?

Puppet

Yes..just a few, if memory serves..and you are right about her looks...I think you mean Carozza. Cindi was one of the original guard gals who moved en masse from the Little Falls Cadets to Garfield when the Little Falls corps failed after the 1968 season.

This is from the "America, the Brave" show, 1971....Cindi was a rifle and part of the dance section...a rehearsal spot...

Cindi_Garfield.jpg

Here they are during a performance of the same section...she is to the far right.

Cindi_Garfield2.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive! :laughing:

Yes..just a few, if memory serves..and you are right about her looks...I think you mean Carozza. Cindi was one of the original guard gals who moved en masse from the Little Falls Cadets to Garfield when the Little Falls corps failed after the 1968 season.

This is from the "America, the Brave" show, 1971....Cindi was a rifle and part of the dance section...a rehearsal spot...

Cindi_Garfield.jpg

Here they are during a performance of the same section...she is to the far right.

Cindi_Garfield2.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive! :laughing:

You sir, rock! After all these years, I knew there was a reason she stood out in my memory. Glad I didn't do anything a teenager might do - of course we had Father Scheraldi to keep us in check! - and then there were all guys who would have beat the pulp out of me for trying to hit on one of their guard. Discretion versus idiocy ... better to have just looked!

Thank you!

Puppet

You sir, rock! After all these years, I knew there was a reason she stood out in my memory. Glad I didn't do anything a teenager might do - of course we had Father Scheraldi to keep us in check! - and then there were all guys who would have beat the pulp out of me for trying to hit on one of their guard. Discretion versus idiocy ... better to have just looked!

Thank you!

Puppet

Cindi is active in the alumni organization today...here is something she wrote...

Cindi

BTW...if you read the link...she is a GRANDMA! :laughing:

I was lucky enough to have my whole family involved along with a junior corps in my area. I marched with Citations Jrs. of Burlington, MA, Phoenix of Waltham, MA, Citations of Burlington, MA, Spartans of Nashua, NH, and the Crossmen.

Bolding is mine. Look at my signature. I must know you then, right? Who are you?!?! I sent you a pm because I can't dig back that far into my brain right now to figure out the answer myself.

Edited by kac

My son ages out this year after 8 years of drum corps.

He's an ageout this year? Time flies!

When we went to the Bridgeport show in 2007 they said they had a member in Hawthorne Cabs Alumni corps in the Honor Guard line that had been a member every year since the corps started in 1954 (at least that's what the announcer said) . I didn't include that in the DCI topic. If we include DCA. There are 4 members in CorpsVets that has marched every year in the corps from 1998 through now (going on their 12th year). Marvin Fontaine, Hunter Moss, Big Ken Huff, and RJ Scott.

Actually the corps started in 1946 and George Hyeck is the longest marching member in the organization since then. He marched every year with the competing corps until the inception of the alumni corps and continues to march with them.

While I may not have as many years as George, I think I have a few.

I marched in Jr corps from 1978 thru 1985 (too many corps to mention). Joined the Cabs late summer 1985 and still currently marching with the Cabs competing corps. years not active 95, 97, 05.