Longest marching member

I marched for eight straight seasons with the same Div. 3/Open Class corps and aged-out this summer, and some other people that I've marched with did it for anywhere from5-7 years and counting. But two members that I've marched with have done it for like 12 years (aged-out this summer as well), and something like 14 years, and she still has like 3 or 4 years left.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who marched the most years in your corps. The Cal Ripken of your corps.

I bet there are many who marched over 10. Not so much now but in the 70's and 80's.

My fiance started marching when she was 7 in the golden lions, then to the Belles of St. John's, Brantford Girls, St. Johns and aged out in 89 with the Cadets. That is a long marching career. :whistle::ph34r::devil:

The Odello Family with the Blue Devils. I interviewed both Ricky, who was aging out after 19 years (!), and Andrew, who will have the same amount of years when he ages out. They started in the BD 'C' corps when they were toddlers. Dad's a Hall of Famer and their grandfather started the corps.

2007 Blue Devils Bass Line Interview

MAV

Holycrap. 19 years.

I noticed the other day a trumpet player in the Cavaliers in 007 was also in Samurai dunno about anything before or after that. Assuming he marched every year he could between that that's still at least 5 years as a Cavalier. Does anyone know who he is or if he aged out in 08?

I met a guy in grad school this summer, Kevin Fallon, who march 3 with the Crossmen, 2 with Boston and 2 with BD aging out in 1997. I also know he marched a few years before that but I can't think of the corps' name.

I started in 1965 with St Joes Peanuts and I am still "marching" with St Joes Alumni Corps. Most of those years I actually did a real drill.

Actually my son Timmy is 18 and he has marched 7 years already.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

I guess it would depend on how far back you want to go. Here's a tiny sampling from The Cadets' rosters over the years. All marched the full period with Cadets.

Cadet Tom Adamo 48-61

Cadet Val Arthur 43-51

Cadet Vince Barilla 48-56

Cadet Tony Bartello 48-58

Cadet Joe Caraballo 41-50

Cadet Vince D'Arrigo 39-52

Cadet Alan DeVito 53-61

Cadet Vuto Digiralamo 43-51

Cadet Frank Galka 63-73

Cadet Michael Jones II 83-90

Cadet Bill Kardash 52-61

Cadet Bill Kemmerer, Jr 42-56

Cadet Dan Kocher 69-77

Cadet Bill McCullum 42-52

Cadet Rich McGarry 58-66

Cadet Al Mura 34-42

Cadet Art Mura 34-50

Cadet Dennis Mura 53-63

Cadet Joe Oliveri 63-71

Cadet Paul Oliveri 52-60

Cadet Walt Serafin 48-58

Cadet Bob Sipos 48-56

Cadet Mel Tantillo 41-50

Cadet Tony Tantillo 43-52

Cadet Walt Taormin 43-52

and, as mentioned, Cadet Michael Terry 99-07, just so you don't think that long-term Cadets only happened "once upon a time."

There's a lot more where these came from.

A couple guys I had marched with in Pioneer had quite a few years.

One had marched Dutch Boy starting at a really young age, I believe he had something like 12 or 13 years and at least one season in each section by his age-out.

Our DM my two years had been marching Pioneer since 03 and Colt Cadets for a year or so before that.

If I hadn't taken the past two summers off, I would have 8 summers when I age out.

I noticed the other day a trumpet player in the Cavaliers in 007 was also in Samurai dunno about anything before or after that. Assuming he marched every year he could between that that's still at least 5 years as a Cavalier. Does anyone know who he is or if he aged out in 08?

I don't know about the trumpet player, but this years' guard sergeant joined in '04 giving him 6 years in the corps.