Longest marching member

There have been a few long timers at Cadets that I can remember:

Daryl - 88-95 (euphonium)

April Gilligan - 80-87 (guard)

Myself - 00-07 (baritone)

Ashley Pitman - 05-12 (guard)

Jana Anderson - 92-98 (mellophone)

Becca - 97-03 (guard)

And I'm sure there have been more, but those are the ones I can think of right now. There was someone in the Cinzio family that marched from 66-76, but thats all I know.

Becky Terry (no relation) marched in the Crossmen as a mello player and then drum major from 97-05.

Why are you including someone with three seasons that haven't even happened yet?

I would be curious to see results from not only DCA corps, but some of the alumni corps as well (Cupcakes Curran must have quite a few years under his shoes-some with several corps, both competing AND alumni). We had a marching member several years ago who marched with us in most of our parades who was 85 years young.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard of someone who marched in the Troopers at age 8 back in the 50's and aged out in the 60's. I don't know if it was true but I guess it was more likely back in the day. This could be 13 to 14 years. I cannot imagine many beating this!

I'm sure there are families with more time but my four kids:

Kevin 9 years (Crossmen, Boston, BD) (a year as Bayonne's mascot doesn't count)

Dan 9 years (Boston, BD)

Tammy (11 years - Boston)

Raymond (9 years - BD)

That's just marching - you could add the teaching time - Kevin worked with Yamato and BDB, Tammy with Boston, Raiders and BDB, Raymond with Boston and 7th - (Dan for some reason never had any desire to teach - smart kid)

Just marching: 38 years for 4 of them, plus teaching, plus teaching bands and guards. YIKES.

Plus I had a couple of years (couple dozen).

And now (sigh) my 15 year old (step) daughter is heading to 7th's open house. ARRRGGGHHHHH!

Lotta water under this bridge...

My fiance started marching when she was 7 in the golden lions, then to the Belles of St. John's, Brantford Girls, St. Johns and aged out in 89 with the Cadets. That is a long marching career. :smile::thumbup::tongue:

13 consecutive season in the St. Johns organization...Belles of St. John's, St. John's All Girls. St. John's when they went coed. 1976 - 1988

"Longest Marching Member":

George Hyeck, THE "Longst Serving Member" of the Hawthorne Caballeros oragizations. Mr Hyeck is one of the original "Charter Members" of the Caballeros,as well as a "Charter Member" of the Caballeros Alumni corps. :tongue:

He has been activley involved in some capacity or another (Marcher, instructor, administration etc) with the Caballeros since 1946.

They just don't make them like this anymore..... :smile:

Elphaba

"Longest Marching Member":

George Hyeck, THE "Longst Serving Member" of the Hawthorne Caballeros oragizations. Mr Hyeck is one of the original "Charter Members" of the Caballeros,as well as a "Charter Member" of the Caballeros Alumni corps. :thumbup:

He has been activley involved in some capacity or another (Marcher, instructor, administration etc) with the Caballeros since 1946.

They just don't make them like this anymore..... :worthy:

Elphaba

:worthy::thumbup::worthy::thumbup::worthy::thumbup::worthy::thumbup:

Who marched the most years in your corps. The Cal Ripken of your corps.

I bet there are many who marched over 10. Not so much now but in the 70's and 80's.

I believe Kim Robinson the daughter of Crossmen founder and director Robbie Robinson marched 11 years with the Crossmen I believe.