Longest marching member

Matt Ray over at Academy marched from 94-03 I think. he could have marched his age out year in '04 but ended up teaching at a corps

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what ... it's interesting to see that so far there are no posts about this topic from the Muchachos ... they must have had members who marched 15 or 16 years or 20! LOL! :blink:

Puppet

OUCH!

There was no way I could have marched overage. They started checking my ID at every show around 1978. Most people could not believe I was still marching legally.

You know what ... it's interesting to see that so far there are no posts about this topic from the Muchachos ... they must have had members who marched 15 or 16 years or 20! LOL! :blink:

Puppet

:blink: Man Puppet, you sure know how to hit'em hard and hang'em high. I recall 76' as the first year we all had to produce our birth certificates for the DCI championships. :blink:

Well there was this guy in our corps....and when he walked into the shower.....well...umm nevermind! :blink:

I marched 12 years in the same Junior Corps..... from age 9 to age out at 21..... and grew with the Corps as it matured and got better in those 12 years .

Hawthorne Muchachos had noted sop. soloist Jeff Kievet march more years, but rumors are that he marched overage in Muchachos.... but rumors are just that..... unsubstantiated gossip, so who knows.

Latest membership year 2002? Didn't Jayzer do CAC? He was 2003-2005.

Absolutely correct. My table represented ONLY the drumline specifically. We have many more recent guys in both hornline and guard.

Per my earlier post:

Jeff Kievit marched 14 years with the Muchachos, beginning at age 7. He was legit all the way.

If true that Jeff marched 14 years and none of them were overage,that's remarkable loyalty to a Corps, and as one who marched a dozen years in a single Junior Corps myself, I can really appreciate such devotion and loyalty. Kudos to him. He was both incredibly talented as well as fiercely loyal and devoted to his Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

In DCA at Empire, Fred has marched for 50+ years i believe it was.

Edited by HighBrass08